What's new

Rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imitation is a form of flattery they say, but I'll be sticking to what I know and trust and that's the great service, quality product not to mention prices @Ben fogstar

I'm sorry guys but every single one of fogstars features such as price breaks and the layout and menu bars are all shopify settings and apps, I haven't copied a single piece of code from fogstars site, you will find a tonne of sites that look exactly like ours, I'm sorry if I have caused you any offence @Ben fogstar but I have been in the battery retailing business a long time, its not like I am a newbie, I'm not trying to steal customers I already have my own, I apologise if I've caused you any problems please let me know if theres anything on our site that is in violation of your copyright rights or a direct copy and ill get them changed, I'm a nice guy I don't want to cause you any problems.

Just had a look at the two sites. Yep Ben is right. At-a-glance same menu bar, offer of a free case below. Same price break structure.

Competition is good but it's odd that 'next day' would come to market emulating a company that is held in such high regard, with such affection (which has been earned through excellent service).

Sorry @Joshua Malone I admire what you are doing but not how you've gone about it my friend.
Im not a new comer, I've been in the biz for 3 years, if not longer! I already have a huge customer base all who are happy with our excellent service

I'm sorry guys but every single one of fogstars features such as price breaks and the layout and menu bars are all shopify settings and apps, I haven't copied a single piece of code from fogstars site, you will find a tonne of sites that look exactly like ours, I'm sorry if I have caused you any offence @Ben fogstar but I have been in the battery retailing business a long time, its not like I am a newbie, I'm not trying to steal customers I already have my own, I apologise if I've caused you any problems please let me know if theres anything on our site that is in violation of your copyright rights or a direct copy and ill get them changed, I'm a nice guy I don't want to cause you any problems.
I don't think it's about stealing customers josh. I welcome competition. Your tagline is identical. Your FAQ is copied and pasted with the fogstar changed. Your warnings on the listing pages were written by me. So on and so forth. These aren't just shopify 'presets' - you had to physically go onto the fogstar page, highlight the content and copy it over to your web page. Wether you are a nice guy or not - this is still theft of content. Write your own bloody stuff.

And if you've been in the business 3 years - you should know how to write your own warnings and FAQ pages. Also - what battery analyser/tester do you use?

Last edited:
Intellectual property crime and infringement - GOV.UK

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/intellectual-property-crime-and-infringement

Jump to Copyright infringement - “Infringement” is a legal term for an act that means breaking a law. IP rights are infringed when a product, creation or invention protected by IP laws are exploited, copied or otherwise used without having the proper authorisation, permission or allowance from the person who owns those rights or their representative.

OK, I've had enough of this, @Ben fogstar , You're a trusted and popular forum vendor, @Joshua Malone - You're new to the forum - but welcome.
I've looked at the FAQ's mentioned and whilst similar they are different, I'll include screenshots, But in the meantime please take this argument to PM, It's not a good image to be showing on the public forum and will only create acrimony in general...

FOFFAQ Cap.PNG NDFAQ Cap.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom