What's new

Concentrates percentage and steeping time

picco

Postman
Hi Spectrum Crew,

just received the delivery of concentrates and would like to mix up some delicious juices but I find the "10-15% is a good starting point" a bit broad and could not find information about the recommended steeping times either :(
With the dreaded TDP i reckon mixing will become more mainstream in the forseeable future and others will probably wonder about the same questions.
I've had all these from you guys in a form of ready made juices in the past and was very happy with them, so ideally i'd like to achieve the same flavour strength.
I'm about to mix up 100ml each, 5mg, 70/30 VG/PG.
jessi p
jubilee
red energy
green energy

If you could point me into a direction it would be very much appreciated.
Wish you all the best for the new year and keep up the good work.

MOD: not sure if you get any notification, so here is a tag @Spectrum Vaping LTD

It's all very subjective. I've seen recipes posted online with a total of 2% while some of mine are 25%.

All concentrates vary, and there's the added complication of user expectation - some want their flavouring "in yer face" while some like just a hint.

Experimenting is part of the fun.

If 10% to 15% is too broad for you try 12.5%, Start with a small batch and adjust.
@Ment is a mostly about 25% mixer. I am more 5%or 6% mixer.
You will probably find what suits you smewhere between 5% and 25%

If 10% to 15% is too broad for you try 12.5%, Start with a small batch and adjust.
@Ment is a mostly about 25% mixer. I am more 5%or 6% mixer.
You will probably find what suits you smewhere between 5% and 25%

that's pretty clear, but that takes way too much time imho. was hoping for a quick reply, i'm pretty sure they know their percentages which is a good starting point, after that i'd tailor it to my taste/vaping gear.

that's pretty clear, but that takes way too much time imho. was hoping for a quick reply, i'm pretty sure they know their percentages which is a good starting point, after that i'd tailor it to my taste/vaping gear.

They'll make you exactly the same suggestion chief - roughly 10/15%.
It is entirely up tae you to find out what works best for your taste buds. Might take up some of your valuable time but hey ho that's part of the deal with DIY.

Be well worth your time to get some 10ml bottle and make up a series of wee testers, say 10, 12.5 and 15% and see how each one goes. THEN you go a bash out 100ml bottles when you suss the right %age for you.

Have you emailed or facebooked Spectrum vaping at all??

They'll make you exactly the same suggestion chief - roughly 10/15%.
It is entirely up tae you to find out what works best for your taste buds. Might take up some of your valuable time but hey ho that's part of the deal with DIY.

Be well worth your time to get some 10ml bottle and make up a series of wee testers, say 10, 12.5 and 15% and see how each one goes. THEN you go a bash out 100ml bottles when you suss the right %age for you.

Have you emailed or facebooked Spectrum vaping at all??

Thanks for your reply. As they sell these as ready made liquids as well, hence I was hoping for an accurate-ish percentage. I didn't reach out for them in any other channel yet but i'll, "worst case" scenario i'll take your advices and make up some 10ml testers.

If you're feeling impatient, it doesn't much matter what % you use. If you make 10ml at 15% and find it too strong, you need only make another 10ml at a lower % and mix the two. Or vice versa. If you typically like bold flavouring, mix at 15%. If not, mix at 10%.

I think it's fuckin silly not to just put the % of the pre mixed on the bottle thats where most people come from to buy the concentrate. Then tailer if needs be.

I've had one company tell me it's a under lock and key wtf I don't want the recipe just the pre mixed %.

Isle of flavours have done it right the exact % plus sweetners job done.

I think it's fuckin silly not to just put the % of the pre mixed on the bottle thats where most people come from to buy the concentrate. Then tailer if needs be.

I've had one company tell me it's a under lock and key wtf I don't want the recipe just the pre mixed %.

Isle of flavours have done it right the exact % plus sweetners job done.

Agree - if they sell that juice premade then what's the bloody sense in not giving the exact % they use as the advice on the concentrate? It's not like they mix their premade at 10-15% depending on the whim of whoever is mixing that batch!? Most people buy the concentrate on the strength of the premade they've already tried and enjoyed - selling the concentrate then being cagey about the % you use for the premade is just dumb imo

@Mr Turnip & @yappycat
We don't know if spectrum does that "under lock and key WTF?" thong to be fair, important to note that they don't have different landing page for every concentrate either.
But yes, it's definitely makes life easier, especially for a first timer. I've got my first batch from darkstar, they've clearly marked down the percentage and steeping times. I've mixed up a 150m batch of each and use/steep accordingly. Easier, faster and possibly better results.

i've messaged them on facebook, they don't seem to be very active there either :)

Back
Top Bottom