What's new

24 hour sale - Samsung 30Q £3.65 per cell :)

My dead rabbit currently has a dual build 0.18 ohms on my rx2/3 with 3 Samsung 30Q batteries and when I vape at 50w the mod shows 16.3A
I know this will be ok on the wraith, but would it be OK on the squeeze?
I'd ignore the displayed amp draw on mods, its calculated using magic that only really makes sense to....well, not sure it really makes sense to anyone.

Yes I am aware of the relationship between resistance & amps, it was just a generalisation.

I often see batteries being described as ‘not suitable for mechs’, it’s a bit of a ridiculous sweeping generalisation.

yup, as Toby says ...... a ridiculous generalisation.

I don't enjoy calling people out for non-factual comments but I don't want anyone else reading this worrying because they are using 30Q's safely in a mech.... and if you are using a mech you should at the minimum know how to use a ohm's law calculator to make sure you aren't going over your cells rating. ... and if you aren't then a 30Q is as safe as any other cell.

Well I'll gracefully accept your superior knowledge & leave you to it. My intention wasn't to scaremonger but as I appear to know nothing my input isn't needed.

Thanks all, pleased that the conversation continued as I thought I was getting the wrong end of the stick. Noticed on the steam engine site they have the manufacture rating of 15amp, but take into account mooch and fogstar testing that rates higher. I do occasionally build slightly lower than 0.3, but generally not by much. :)

Edit: Also have been using SS316L, which varies slightly as it is called into action, so the resistance increases I believe?

Last edited:
Well I'll gracefully accept your superior knowledge & leave you to it. My intention wasn't to scaremonger but as I appear to know nothing my input isn't needed.

Mate, I am grateful you started the conversation going. No harm in flagging what may be an issue if someone was building very low. :)

Ah man, I’ve read back through and yes it reads like I was trying to call you out.

That wasn’t my intention at all. I think it’s all those mech users groups on Facebook telling everyone that if you aren’t using a Sony VTC5a that you shouldn’t be using a mech. It does my head in.

Any good battery is suitable for a mech, it’s just dependent on what build it is for.

As I previously stated had the original answer been mech not regulated I would have advised caution regarding builds & understanding ohms law. If I was asked again I would give the same answer but I wouldn't dismiss 30q's or any other low amp battery as long as the user fully understood the consequences if certain criteria wasn't met. My last comments on the subject & I'll leave the more knowledgeable to educate people.

I use a 30q in my mech squonk, just because it's a mech doesn't automatically mean you need more than 19a, it totally depends on the resistance of the coils you use.... for some people it's more than enough.

My other mech uses an 18350 which is less than 10a and that's perfectly fine for me too.

I only use mechs and have never required more than 10a but normally it is more less than 5a.
My next cells will probably be 30Q.
I find mechs perfectly suited to low power vaping.

Back
Top Bottom