What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Will you pay £5.40 postage for eliquid and lithium batteries

I was refering to RM Website,
""Poisonous, toxic liquids, solids or gases
Including substances that are liable to cause death or injury if swallowed or inhaled or by skin contact, such as arsenic, beryllium, cyanide, fluorine, rat poison.""

So flavour concentrates are ok then? Obviously you wouldn't want to drink them but wouldn't do you real any harm would they?

It looks like under the new rules you`re not allowed to post Li-Ion batteries AT ALL, UNLESS they`re housed in an electrical device

ITEM
CURRENT RULES
NEW RULES FOR CONTRACT & ACCOUNT CUSTOMERS
Lithium batteries
[FONT=Chevin,Chevin][FONT=Chevin,Chevin]Allowed through Royal Mail Tracked[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Chevin,Chevin][FONT=Chevin,Chevin]® [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Chevin,Chevin][FONT=Chevin,Chevin]UK addresses only[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Chevin,Chevin][FONT=Chevin,Chevin]Prohibited when sent on their own in the domestic and international post
Allowed in UK and international post when contained in a device* but are prohibited in Business Response, Freepost
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Chevin,Chevin][FONT=Chevin,Chevin][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Chevin,Chevin][FONT=Chevin,Chevin], Packetpost[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Chevin,Chevin][FONT=Chevin,Chevin][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Chevin,Chevin][FONT=Chevin,Chevin]and Packetsort[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Chevin,Chevin][FONT=Chevin,Chevin]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Chevin,Chevin][FONT=Chevin,Chevin]Allowed in UK post when sent with a device* but are prohibited in Royal Mail Tracked Returns[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Chevin,Chevin][FONT=Chevin,Chevin]®[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Chevin,Chevin][FONT=Chevin,Chevin], Business Response, Freepost[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Chevin,Chevin][FONT=Chevin,Chevin][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Chevin,Chevin][FONT=Chevin,Chevin]and all variants of Packetpost[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Chevin,Chevin][FONT=Chevin,Chevin][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Chevin,Chevin][FONT=Chevin,Chevin]and Packetsort[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Chevin,Chevin][FONT=Chevin,Chevin][/FONT][/FONT]

Looks like e-liquid can`t be sent at all either, unless I`m missing something?

Poisons, toxic liquids, solids or gases​
[FONT=Chevin,Chevin][FONT=Chevin,Chevin](including substances that are liable to cause death or injury if swallowed or inhaled or by skin contact, such as arsenic, beryllium, cyanide, fluorine, rat poison)
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Chevin,Chevin][FONT=Chevin,Chevin]UK destinations: [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Chevin,Chevin][FONT=Chevin,Chevin]No [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Chevin,Chevin][FONT=Chevin,Chevin]International destinations: [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Chevin,Chevin][FONT=Chevin,Chevin]No

http://www.royalmail.com/sites/defa...us_Goods_A5_Business_customer_booklet_TAG.pdf
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

well my prices wont change cause i do free shipping lol i use a courier rm have lost far to many of my packages .....

well tiz another vendors thread so dont think i should post it lol but its easy to find lol

I had a few of thoughts about this, first off I think it will mean vendors have to carry a larger stock range as who is going to order 3 different items at £5.40 postage each? That will have people off hunting for who has stock. That's bad for the small scale vendors trying to compete. Also it would seem to be a better deal for larger bricks'n'mortar stores, would you pay that postage if a similar bus fare/petrol money could get you to a store that has everything - in the long run if the vaping businesses are converted to bricks'n'mortar as a primary source it makes things easier for regulators and inspectors.
The last thing with these restrictions; I think it has more to do with international trade. If we order something from china on a personal trade we aren't paying VAT and other taxes. Stop this direct trade by RM refusing to carry certain items and yet again the big guns who can import volume are the winners and everyone else hurt by it is collateral damage. The Long and short is the UK Government don't make revenue from us.
I think the only answer is to find a courier service, not as Individual e retailers, but as a group and have a bulk arrangement for shipping costs. I don't buy a lot of vaping stuff but I do try and spread it around when I do order, having postage of £5.40 is going to stop that :(

I run an online business and most of my items are either free post or lower than I'm charged by Royal Snail. I simply take a cut in my profit (rather than raise the price of the item). I understand it's harder to do that on low value items such as 10ml of juice but I do get a large number of sales and I believe that is because the average joe public doesn't understand how much we're charged by Royal Snail and simply thinks a vendor is ripping them off. I forgot to change the postage price on two of my identical items once and the one selling for £24.99 with free post outsold the other identical item I was selling for £19.99 with £1.99 postage. That said, on a personal point of view although I think the recent price rises by Royal Snail are shocking (and has dented my profits) to get something sent from Glasgow to my home in South Wales for a fiver is still pretty good value - whatever it is.

Sorry if I'm teaching people how to suck eggs but there are many private mail/courier systems in the UK and they are very competitive on their pricing ,nobody has to use th RM to move any letter or package.For example if you wanted to move a bottle of juice from Edinburgh to Penzance I can find a price online for £3.50 Via Hermes and thats for a one off. If you are a bulk mailer you will get an even better deal the deals are there you just got to go and ask. This is the business I am in we don't do domestic traffic but International but we do use domestic carriers there are a lot of deals out there and these company's are actively looking for business even more so with the RM being sold off and restricting the type of business they carry ( this is why they are loosing business ). Sure its not going to be a first class stamp cost but you will still get a cheaper rate than £5.40 by a good margin.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom