What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Site closure for a few days and the misery of VAT

stealthvape

Premium Vendor
We'll be closing down for a few days this coming week. From 2pm on Tuesday until some time on Friday afternoon providing the move goes well.

All orders received by 2pm on Tuesday will be despatched that day. We have considered leaving the site up and a message saying we're not processing orders until after Friday but that means we'll have an awful amount of orders to catch up on and it will unfairly affect customers waiting time that order on the weekend following.

So best to hit the maintenance button and concentrate on the move.

On to the dreaded VAT.

Just when you're getting on your feet business wise the tax man rears his ugly face. So now we have to hand over 20% of everything we take to HMRC. I was up till the early hours making changes to our site and order management software and some of the prices went up a little bit. Not all by 20% though, we're taking the hit on some things, some products have just gone up a little bit and others have had the full 20% added. How this is going to affect us in the long run isn't clear at the moment but we might have to consider dropping the discount codes if it's too tight.

We're not getting this extra money in our pockets, we're basically appointed collection agents for HMRC so we hand the extra over to them every 3 months. I'm not happy about this, not happy about having to put prices up and a bit sick that 'the man' can just pop up and say 'Oh great, you're doing well we'll have a fifth of that cheers' and we just have to take it, face down, red faced, primed and lubed.

Victims of our own little bit of success I suppose

+1 @ Purplefowler : I got seriously shafted by them in 2000,they decided I owed them money,no clue off them how much,after months of letters from them saying I owed them,they declared me fkn bankrupt & evicted me from my fkn house. :(

I un VAT'ed myself this year simply because the whole this was too stressful.

Back
Top Bottom