What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Rebuildable Atomizer Resistance Wire from Stealthvape.co.uk FEEDBACK

stealthvape

Premium Vendor
I notice that a few of you have been buying our kanthal and nichrome wire lately for your rebuildables. Well I say rebuildables, maybe you're rebuilding the coils on stardusts or vivi novas rather than phoenix's and what not.

What I'd like to know is what you are using the wire on, and what is working for you or not working?

Nichrome or kanthal?

0.15 or 0.25?

Are you using it with mesh or silica? Cotton?

Is there a need for no resistance wire? I see using 99.99% silver no resistance wire as a bit extravagant, but I have a contact for pure nickel wire that I'm happy to get in if you good folks have a need for it?

So please let us know your views and we'll do out best to make you all happy

Rob

Hi mate

ok heres my feedback :

I have today rewired (all using bits and bobs from you)

1 Igo-L dripping atty
1 Aga-T silica wick stylee
1 Aga-T Mesh wick Gen stylee
3 Vivi Nova Heads

I have used .15 Nichrome on them all so far

I have had No problems whatsoeever wicking the iGo-L to 2.9 Ohms using the.15 and 2mm silica wick

I have had no problems wicking the Aga-T silica wick style using some 1.5 mm silica and the .15 Nichrome

I have had bountiful problems doing the mesh wick BUT its my first mesh wick so it has been fully down to retarded-ness. I fixed it by cheating and using some silica tubing out of a boge carto wrapped around the top of the mesh wick (ala KMS-Stylee) worked a damn treat .. and one day ill manage the full on geny :)

Brilliant stuff, I dont get the metallic taste I was getting with Kanthal on the novas either .. so all good mate.

today has rebuilt my confidence with errr rebuildables :)

I've been using it on my
rta (2mm silica and .20 kanthal)
era (2mm silica and .2 kanthal)
Aga-s (2mm silica and .2 kanthal)
Aga-s (400 mesh and .15 kanthal)
So far the best results have been the mesh and .15 on the aga-s, and the rta. I've yet to experiment with the .15 on the rta and the era but I am leaning to the .15 kanthal as it seems to suit my vaping preferences. I've used nichrome before but didn't like it, but I can't say why!

I've used your 0.2mm Kanthal on everything.

Everything being: Odysseus, Penelope, Cobra, Genesis LV, Genesis Maxi and a couple of Vivi Nova heads. Actually, not everything, I've yet to do the Bulli but I've used the 0.2 on it before.

Was well happy when you sent out my Kanthal.

I have a load of mesh and silica to get through.

It's quite exciting... Well sort of... I hope it will be anyway...

Maybe it won't be hehe

I'm just waiting for a few responses to the same thread I posted on UKV asking for some feedback on my resistance wire

Back
Top Bottom