What's new

Disposable Vapes .. And why we say no ...

This is my point though - rather than educating people away from smoking our energy is now in educating them away from a product that in terms of the industry and impact is actually a step back from where we were.

its madness

i thought the dame of pods tbh - but even the simple ones have improved hugely - they are very viable now.
We still have the main issue of switching smokers to vaping, it's just compounded now that more of them are using disposables which is now our secondary issue.

I really do hope that users of disposable soon realise that there is a much better alternative out there in pods and mods. Once they get over the saving of smoking they will want to vape cheaper too.

We still have the main issue of switching smokers to vaping, it's just compounded now that more of them are using disposables which is now our secondary issue.

I really do hope that users of disposable soon realise that there is a much better alternative out there in pods and mods. Once they get over the saving of smoking they will want to vape cheaper too.

i don’t know, people smoke and if they want to i’m not trying to stop them. if they don’t want to, they might try an ecig. when i smoked i didn’t like it when people tried to get me to stop. i was only going to stop when i wanted to.

i don’t know, people smoke and if they want to i’m not trying to stop them. if they don’t want to, they might try an ecig. when i smoked i didn’t like it when people tried to get me to stop. i was only going to stop when i wanted to.
I know what you mean, the more people picked about me smoking the more I dug my heels in and carried on. I tried many times to stop by going cold Turkey but didnt work.
It was my two sons that got me on to vaping. I only ever intended to cut down the amount of cigarettes I had each day until I found I preferred vaping and stopped smoking altogether.
That was nearly 8yrs ago and not had a cigarette since.
What I was getting at was vaping was instrumental in making me stop and it was only my interest in vaping that made me want to delve into all aspects of vaping and what it had to offer.
Making people aware that there's more to vaping than disposables and the benefits it brings is something I always try to encourage.

Disposable Vapes and why we say no.
Disposable vapes, they are everywhere - all the supermarkets and vape shops are full of them, and at least around our way so are the pavements - both packaging and discarded bars.

As a vape company - we find them being pushed hugely by the wholesalers, and we get umpteen calls a day telling us "these are the new way forward"

Thing is they are an old idea - this is back to the days of the old cigalikes, but in a more modern container.

Of course .. even the old style cigalikes you could change the cartridge on .....

We are often told (by people trying to sell them to us) that these are "A great way of introducing people to vaping and then moving them onto PODS or other gear".

Im fairly certain PODS were sold as a great introduction to vaping. In fact they were sold as "Starter Kits". Thing with a standard POD is they are reusable and re-chargable, cost the price of three or four disposables .. but last infinitely longer. These disposable items - in a time we are told to reduce our plastic waste seem .. unnecessary.

We as a company feel these items are not only impactful on the environment ( take claims of recycling schemes with a pinch of salt as a rule, in any industry as far as I can tell not just vaping). but also very hard on the end users pocket. at roughly a fiver for a days worth of vaping - any seasoned vaper can tell you that things can get a WHOLE lot cheaper than that. Not to mention your choice of flavours etc are limited to just a few companies.

And yet .. they are pushed at us - left right and centre.

Aside from their impact on the environment - and your pocket, we feel they are also having a negative impact on the industry. Both in terms of impacting small independent business - and also visually - in an industry that has constantly had to fight for its legitimacy and not be viewed in the same negative light as smoking and the tobacco industry - having the pavement littered with disposable packaging and bars, and having such easy one shot access for the young (most young wont be bothered to spend twenty quid on a device and separate liquid - its one of the reasons the "Gateway" effect has not actually been seen much in vaping up until the advent of these devices), we cant help but feel these devices are not a positive step within the industry and ultimately will do nothing but harm it.

On top of that - we have already seen cases of illegal and fake disposable bars - it's only a matter of time before that goes horribly wrong.

We therefore do not and will not sell and kind of disposable vape and we encourage you - the prospective vaper to look deeper, save yourself some money .. save some landfill, have less of an effect on the planet and get a reusable device ... your choice of E-liquid flavours will literally go up by thousands .. and it will probably cost you the same for ten days worth of vaping as what you are normally spending a day on disposables.

Here are some good examples of what you can use instead :

Disposable Vape Alternatives

Caliburn AK2 - Awesome Flavour reusable POD kit

OXVA Xlim SE - Low cost great flavoured POD kit

There are many more by many other vendors and manufacturers .. the choice is literally enormous.

Read the Article On Manabush.com
Weirdly I had pretty much this exact conversation with Gabs the other day up at the shop.

I feel the environmental thing in a big way but the big concern for me is the strength. These companies are pushing 20mg as a standard and people think it is low. A quick scout around the Chinese retailers shows plenty of them at 50mg. This level of nic isn't going to be able to be recreatable in another device, unless you are buying liquid from overseas, which brings up the whole black market/bathtub mixers issue that we dealt with a few years ago. Dodgy THC Carts anyone?

The other concern is the amount of kids using them. Every day I see kids in school uniforms sucking away on disposables. This is the thing that will impact on us as the "Won't somebody think if the children" brigade come out of the woodwork. It has also led to a massive increase in use of them in places they shouldn't. At least one a day when I am at work has to be given the boot for vaping on board, always kids. Only ever had one person vaping before these things came on the market.

Remember when we used to be able to go around a load of pubs and have a vape and a drink? Ruined by inconsiderate people. These are gonna make things even worse for us.

I had to buy one recently. My own fault as I took a mod with me that I knew was a bit shonky. Got offered 1500 puff devices from a well known local chain, despite the fact that the guy had never seen me before in my life. The one I got, died after about 50 puffs which I understand is not unusual.

Don't know what the solution is, or if there is one, but it needs looking into.

Weirdly I had pretty much this exact conversation with Gabs the other day up at the shop.

I feel the environmental thing in a big way but the big concern for me is the strength. These companies are pushing 20mg as a standard and people think it is low. A quick scout around the Chinese retailers shows plenty of them at 50mg. This level of nic isn't going to be able to be recreatable in another device, unless you are buying liquid from overseas, which brings up the whole black market/bathtub mixers issue that we dealt with a few years ago. Dodgy THC Carts anyone?

The other concern is the amount of kids using them. Every day I see kids in school uniforms sucking away on disposables. This is the thing that will impact on us as the "Won't somebody think if the children" brigade come out of the woodwork. It has also led to a massive increase in use of them in places they shouldn't. At least one a day when I am at work has to be given the boot for vaping on board, always kids. Only ever had one person vaping before these things came on the market.

Remember when we used to be able to go around a load of pubs and have a vape and a drink? Ruined by inconsiderate people. These are gonna make things even worse for us.

I had to buy one recently. My own fault as I took a mod with me that I knew was a bit shonky. Got offered 1500 puff devices from a well known local chain, despite the fact that the guy had never seen me before in my life. The one I got, died after about 50 puffs which I understand is not unusual.

Don't know what the solution is, or if there is one, but it needs looking into.
Considering the strength of flavour and nicotine in them I'm surprised they knock them out as cheap as they do. Begs the question what is actually in them?

The child issue is a big concern and one that is a minefield to stop and one that will just fuel the anti vaping brigade. Kids being kids will try anything they are not supposed to do. I see it as a double edged sword. Better they vape rather than get addicted to smoking.

I remember when I was a kid, over 50% smoked to some degree. If vapes were around then at less than half the price of cigarettes then I would have done it.

Considering the strength of flavour and nicotine in them I'm surprised they knock them out as cheap as they do. Begs the question what is actually in them?

The child issue is a big concern and one that is a minefield to stop and one that will just fuel the anti vaping brigade. Kids being kids will try anything they are not supposed to do. I see it as a double edged sword. Better they vape rather than get addicted to smoking.

I remember when I was a kid, over 50% smoked to some degree. If vapes were around then at less than half the price of cigarettes then I would have done it.

Yeah I get what you mean. I was one of the strange ones who never smoked as a kid, dabbled at 16 which was legal at the time, but didn’t really get addicted until I was 19/20.

I strongly suspect that most of the kids I see using them have never smoked but are getting a high dose of nicotine that is probably going to lead them onto cigarettes in the future, rather than being used to get them off.

Yeah I get what you mean. I was one of the strange ones who never smoked as a kid, dabbled at 16 which was legal at the time, but didn’t really get addicted until I was 19/20.

I strongly suspect that most of the kids I see using them have never smoked but are getting a high dose of nicotine that is probably going to lead them onto cigarettes in the future, rather than being used to get them off.
I'm not sure this will be the case though. We as smokers switched to vaping for health reasons and cost and once we switched we saw the benefits of doing so.

Yes I agree and think the majority of teen vapers havnt smoked and are doing it because it's what kids do.

I enjoyed smoking and never planned to stop until I vaped and immediately took to it, it was cheaper, healthier, tasted much nicer and didnt stink. I dont think that kids would progress to smoking after they 've vaped because of these reasons.

I may not of explained it very well. As a kid we always wanted to copy adults in doing the things we shouldn't do. More and more adults are switching to vaping so that will entice the teens to copy.

If as a child there were cigs and vapes around I know which one I would opt for everytime. If after vaping for a short time I then tried a cigarette, I would cough my guts up and go back to vaping.

i keep seen the Wotofo Skuare 6000 been advertised all over social media & after some googling how can they even legally sell this shit here in the uk its 15ml ?

Back
Top Bottom