What's new

JAC be nimble JAC be quick – TESTERS WANTED for new device

It appears from an outsider that at 2.2mm , 1ohm and that wattage this is more what you would get from the squonk rda' s. A bit of a restricted dtl / wide open mtl.
Up to now stock coils seem to have catered to either one end or the other of the vaping styles.
May be a good choice for those used to the 0.7 nautilus 2 vape. I've found a lot of folk using those have slowly opened up the airflow to cool the vape and then been disappointed at coil life as they are ringing it dry every draw.
May be yours are a better alternative.

I think 2.2mm is the top end for MTL, so when we make an MTL coil I expect users to use anything from 2.2mm down to about 1mm, and that is covered by the tank airflow, the range on our current S22 will go from 1mm to 5mm, and our new tank will be 1mm up until 6mm. So anything beyond 2.2mm on our S22 is not effecting the airflow as it is bottlenecking on the coil bore. I tend to vape MTL full bore on it, but if I was to DL it, my lungs would fallout for one : ) and the wicks wouldn't keep up, this is the same for our standard 1.0ohm MTL coil, if somebody found they wanted restricted DL, then our 1.0 DL and 0.5DL will do that already, then we have another coil being built that will offer the 6mm bore at 0.18ohm. This 0.45ohm MTL coil is designed to push the limits of the MTL on the device, not to be a DL coil, so it will function from 2.2mm to 1.5mm (1mm is maybe a bit too hot on it). It may be the coil is better suited as a 0.5 MTL coil to take the edge off it a bit. Basically the purpose of this test is to see where other everyday users sit, as we only have 3 full time MTL users here at JAC HQ, 2 out of 3 currently wouldn't give the coil up, but that's not really solid info to build a coil on, so I'm looking to the good eggs here to say 'Make' or 'Bin' : ) or at the very least we go to the next phase and make a couple hundred up and run a Beta with them.

I think 2.2mm is the top end for MTL, so when we make an MTL coil I expect users to use anything from 2.2mm down to about 1mm, and that is covered by the tank airflow, the range on our current S22 will go from 1mm to 5mm, and our new tank will be 1mm up until 6mm. So anything beyond 2.2mm on our S22 is not effecting the airflow as it is bottlenecking on the coil bore. I tend to vape MTL full bore on it, but if I was to DL it, my lungs would fallout for one : ) and the wicks wouldn't keep up, this is the same for our standard 1.0ohm MTL coil, if somebody found they wanted restricted DL, then our 1.0 DL and 0.5DL will do that already, then we have another coil being built that will offer the 6mm bore at 0.18ohm. This 0.45ohm MTL coil is designed to push the limits of the MTL on the device, not to be a DL coil, so it will function from 2.2mm to 1.5mm (1mm is maybe a bit too hot on it). It may be the coil is better suited as a 0.5 MTL coil to take the edge off it a bit. Basically the purpose of this test is to see where other everyday users sit, as we only have 3 full time MTL users here at JAC HQ, 2 out of 3 currently wouldn't give the coil up, but that's not really solid info to build a coil on, so I'm looking to the good eggs here to say 'Make' or 'Bin' : ) or at the very least we go to the next phase and make a couple hundred up and run a Beta with them.
Nice one bud. I'm a little old school on mtl and see a anything above 1.5mm as a black hole. Not the norm these days I know.
Good to see you road testing the gear so well prior to release.

Nice one bud. I'm a little old school on mtl and see a anything above 1.5mm as a black hole. Not the norm these days I know.
Good to see you road testing the gear so well prior to release.

I get your point of view, 1.5mm is pretty tight as a max for any starter kit these days though, that's going back to roughly what we had on cartos. So are you MTL at below 1.5mm bore? testing openly has become very useful for us, we are not a big enough company that we can make something that we are not sure is up to the standard we are aiming for, a badly made, or poorly thought out device, would seriously effect us, so it's good for us, and hopefully good for the people involved, plus it helps with a bit of awareness. I also enjoy it, as the head of our design team, I don't often get direct contact with users, so it's nice to get proper considered feedback on what we are doing right or wrong, it's hard to improve otherwise.

I get your point of view, 1.5mm is pretty tight as a max for any starter kit these days though, that's going back to roughly what we had on cartos. So are you MTL at below 1.5mm bore? testing openly has become very useful for us, we are not a big enough company that we can make something that we are not sure is up to the standard we are aiming for, a badly made, or poorly thought out device, would seriously effect us, so it's good for us, and hopefully good for the people involved, plus it helps with a bit of awareness. I also enjoy it, as the head of our design team, I don't often get direct contact with users, so it's nice to get proper considered feedback on what we are doing right or wrong, it's hard to improve otherwise.
Very true. Luckily us nerds here can kick the arse out of it first.
It's only recently that vaping manufacturers are coming to terms with the fact the way someone vale a is very individual and can't be boxed into a one size fits all scenario, or even mtl/dtl. There's many individual patterns in between.
For example mrs kid likes an old school dtl (circa Atlantis, subtank). This would be classed as restricted lung hit these days. She also takes loooong slow draw' s which can really dry out any wicking. I have to maximize the wick in her tank or it doesn't last long and as she really doesn't care about the details and just needs something that works she would be a nightmare customer who burns through stock coils.
I keep banging on about it too but I'd rather see eliquid classed into a universal viscosity scale too, rather than the current vague pg/vg level. (Ie does that vg level include some aqueous vg or not). so everyday customers can see which liquid suits there ce 4 / s22 /cleito / dripper ect.
A viscosity test should be carried out by the mhra testing as an added value item to the extortion they charge.

Very true. Luckily us nerds here can kick the arse out of it first.
It's only recently that vaping manufacturers are coming to terms with the fact the way someone vale a is very individual and can't be boxed into a one size fits all scenario, or even mtl/dtl. There's many individual patterns in between.
For example mrs kid likes an old school dtl (circa Atlantis, subtank). This would be classed as restricted lung hit these days. She also takes loooong slow draw' s which can really dry out any wicking. I have to maximize the wick in her tank or it doesn't last long and as she really doesn't care about the details and just needs something that works she would be a nightmare customer who burns through stock coils.
I keep banging on about it too but I'd rather see eliquid classed into a universal viscosity scale too, rather than the current vague pg/vg level. (Ie does that vg level include some aqueous vg or not). so everyday customers can see which liquid suits there ce 4 / s22 /cleito / dripper ect.
A viscosity test should be carried out by the mhra testing as an added value item to the extortion they charge.

I see your point but I doubt that will ever happen, as you say they'd charge for it, and what happens to things like short fills that fall out with the scope of TPD, that could have anything in it. If users demand it then it's more likely to be done by manufacturers, I am not a chemist, but if it was easy enough to do while doing the batch testing then we could add it to the bottle, although, thanks to the TPD there is not much room for useful info on the label anymore.

I'm finding the flavour better as well, quite enjoying the Vape off these coils, using Mexican fried ice cream mixed at 70/30 VG/PG [emoji4]

I'm still on the first coil using 55vg at the moment. I've had a couple of dry ish hits but nothing to kill off the coil yet. I'm really enjoying using these though. Flavour is a lot better than the other coils and ramp up is spot on. I may try pushing a needle in the wick holes on the next coil just to see if it'll help it along but other than that tis all goooood.

I’m going to turn things completely on their head with this one!!
The Mrs, has an occasional cigarette. You know the type has a cig occasionally with a drink( used to buy a 10 packet, smoke 5, keep them in her handbag until next time she goes out) well she fancied a cig tonight, gave her the S22 with the new coil, loaded with bryns special sauce. She can’t put it down. Declaring it really nice and tastes like Plasticine, wants me to order some more for our forthcoming holiday.
Out of the mouth of a non vaper. Praise indeed I reckon. She won’t give it back.

I'm still on the first coil using 55vg at the moment. I've had a couple of dry ish hits but nothing to kill off the coil yet. I'm really enjoying using these though. Flavour is a lot better than the other coils and ramp up is spot on. I may try pushing a needle in the wick holes on the next coil just to see if it'll help it along but other than that tis all goooood.

Let me know if that fixes it, when sample coils are made up, the people making them are not used to it and you do get a few inconsistencies, wick too tight or too loose, if pricking it works the wicks wrong somehow, and probably too tight, I think that was what happened with mine as well.

Back
Top Bottom