What's new

Probably time to update the Indigéne Road map ...

Bugger me, I thought the Kona Paka looked exciting, but now I discover a whole branch into a coffee RANGE no less!!!!! :bliss:

By the way, I really love the Celtic/Viking design influences here. Beautiful. :)
Oh if you like Kona Paka, you’ll adore the dedicated coffee range...

I drooled.

Bugger me, I thought the Kona Paka looked exciting, but now I discover a whole branch into a coffee RANGE no less!!!!! :bliss:

By the way, I really love the Celtic/Viking design influences here. Beautiful. :)
thanks!

the references in design here though are totally multi cultural (there is as yet no celtic/viking! - though I understand why you think their might be :) )

The axe on Tamahaac is a Tomahawk (tamahaac is another spelling/pronounciaton of tomahawk)

The toothed weapon on Kona Paka is a Leimano (a hawaiian shark toothed axe like club - and indeed Kona is hawaiian coffee and Paka is Hawaiian for tobacco ... as a side note Ganja in Hawaii is called "Paka Loco")

the dual Axes on ParaXu are Parashu's (which is how we pronounce ParaXu) - a sanskrit word for an indian battle axe.

the general background is Polynesian artwork :)

tho from the segment you can see .. it does kind of look a bit celtic :)

Last edited:
ZT, you tease us with the forthcoming range. Can’t wait to try the ParaXu. More coffee Vicar? [emoji16]

thanks!

there references in design here though are totally multi cultural (there is as yet no celtic/viking! - though I understand why you think their might be :) )

The axe on Tamahaac is a Tomahawk (tamahaac is another spelling/pronounciaton of tomahawk)

The toothed weapon on Kona Paka is a Leimano (a hawaiian shark toothed axe like club - and indeed Kona is hawaiian coffee and Paka is Hawaiian for tobacco ... as a side note Ganja in Hawaii is called "Paka Loco")

the dual Axes on ParaXu are Parashu's (which is how we pronounce ParaXu) - a sanskrit word for an indian battle axe.

the general background is Polynesian artwork :)

tho from the segment you can see .. it does kind of look a bit celtic :)
Thank you - I guess being an antiques dealer in the UK means I see a lot of Celtic/Viking influences, and very few Polynesian! I Googled Kona and Paka - so I had got some of the way there! :D

The designs also made me think of Beorn's house in The Hobbit films, which are mostly based on Viking .... hence ..........

4be6ae1241f27fee2ce923310da1729a.jpg

Thank you - I guess being an antiques dealer in the UK means I see a lot of Celtic/Viking influences, and very few Polynesian! I Googled Kona and Paka - so I had got some of the way there! :D

The designs also made me think of Beorn's house in The Hobbit films, which are mostly based on Viking .... hence ..........

4be6ae1241f27fee2ce923310da1729a.jpg
There are definite similarities - which I’m sure would warrant some good pre history research at some point.

That said the Polynesian race appear to have been the original inhabitants of Taiwan that migrated away by boat to all the Pacific islands and New Zealand etc. So I can’t see any shared history with the celts.

There are definite similarities - which I’m sure would warrant some good pre history research at some point.

That said the Polynesian race appear to have been the original inhabitants of Taiwan that migrated away by boat to all the Pacific islands and New Zealand etc. So I can’t see any shared history with the celts.
I followed that trail - interesting. As you say, no obvious link.

Just a thought - I wonder if it's as simple as the fact that (what we in the West call) ethnographic, tribal or primitive art tends to be based on or inspired by the natural world around them, and made the hard way with hand tools, in the same way that Viking and Celtic designs were? Go back far enough, and apparently we all came from the same place anyway! :D

Just a thought - I wonder if it's as simple as the fact that (what we in the West call) ethnographic, tribal or primitive art tends to be based on or inspired by the natural world around them, and made the hard way with hand tools, in the same way that Viking and Celtic designs were? Go back far enough, and apparently we all came from the same place anyway! :D
Yep probably .. possibly got something to do with repeat patterns being the first thing people played around with and stuff like that ...

they all incorporate some sort of repeat patterns .. the celts with the Knotwork etc, polynesian the tribal swirls et al .. and even Maya with the jagged repeat lines.

fascinating stuff

That’s a very interesting theory and sounds like it would be great to investigate. Makes me wish I was still active in archaeology.

Everything has to be labelled "multicultural" in-case you end up on the front-page of Twitter accused of misappropriating a culture or race .

Back
Top Bottom