What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

PlumeBlu back up to speed , literally

Colonelboom

Vendor
I have been relatively quiet on here for the past week or so, mainly because my cack bucket of a website has been playing up with a Javascript fault I have just not been able to figure out and fix and have had to almost constantly caress it into working again.

The main fault was ordering - yeah a pretty important function on any ecommerce website I feel.

For some reason after an undetermined number of hours pass (hours, days, it was sporadic) the script controlling the add to cart function just stopped doing anything - a really annoying and asshattish thing for it to do if you ask me.

For a few days now I have been turning off various scripts in sequences to see if I could force it to hiccup and show the issue - first was the chat box popup (sorry mrteatime, I didn't switch it off to keep you away though :D) and then other functions such as caching and content delivery networks all had to come down bit by bit.

I am not 100% sure that I found the fault, I hope so though and if re-enabling some of the performance tweaks means that I can narrow things down further at least I can look a bit more closely - however, I do think I may know the cause and have worked around it.

So now, the caches have all been put back on, the content is spread around the CDN again to keep things nippy and the chat box is back online.

If you visit the site to either view or buy please feel free to click add to cart and let me know if it does not work properly, you would be amazed how many would click add to cart, it not work and then just not let anyone know.

Cheers and sorry for the slow browsing experience for the past few days.

:D

conspiracies everywhere!!!!!!

no worries leigh....hope you get it sorted dude ;)

just visited site, browsing liquids IE had to recover webpage twice....still not responding

That might be the cache filling as the CDN only went back on about 20 minutes ago. I will go and load up IE and check it out - what version are you using out of interest?

That might be the cache filling as the CDN only went back on about 20 minutes ago. I will go and load up IE and check it out - what version are you using out of interest?

IE11.0.3 just reopened page an added to cart seems ok except for red Astaire......are you out of that ?

IE11.0.3 just reopened page an added to cart seems ok except for red Astaire......are you out of that ?

Unfortunately, still awaiting the stock delivery on it which i had hoped would be with me before the weekend. Thanks for letting me know though - much appreciated

Unfortunately, still awaiting the stock delivery on it which i had hoped would be with me before the weekend. Thanks for letting me know though - much appreciated

bugger.....will have to order some more of this colonel custard they keep raving about....just in the interests of testing your website, you understand...

It should be any day now if you want to hang fire on it - I have customers queueing for it lol. In either case test away :D

is there a space at the end of your email address by any chance? It is something I noticed it do previously on mine. Not sure why though

Back
Top Bottom