What's new

China Grass / Chinese Nettle wicking material now available

Colonelboom

Vendor
20140813_145432.jpg

Rebuildable Spares : China Grass

We have been testing this for a little while now and wanted to get it up for sale as soon as we felt comfortable, crispness is comparable to (if not better than) Rayon and flavour representation on a properly soaked and cleaned bit of this grass is amazing! To add to the trifecta though it wicks like a howling breeze through a tunnel too.

Please take some time to read the description as use straight from the pack will not give as good results as giving this stuff a clean first - it is all natural and made from chinese nettle fibres which are like cobwebs, perhaps not the best choice for you if you are new to wicking but certainly a contender for those with a bit of experience.

Wondered where my GF's hair extensions had gotten to :P

Looks good, will put an order through on payday and see how it fairs to ken dodd cotton and rayon as I didn't take well with Rayon :)

It is a faff to clean and prepare but worth taking the time to do it properly. Other people have been putting a little peroxide in the baking soda solution which makes an unperfumed oxyclean, others have boiled three times. In either cases though it removes the flavour that you will get through the wick without prep work.

Wicks like an absolute dream though and should be perfect for those that can't get on with Rayon.

20140813_155045.jpg

20140813_150735.jpg

20140813_145347.jpg

It currently comes in 10g bags at a quid. Once I know if it is going to be popular enough I will renegotiate the price based on bulk and should then do 25g bags for similar cash. I need to buy a couple of kg's for bulk price though.

To give an idea though, on the scale is 20g so you get a decent amount for testing in a 10g bag, it also rinses well under the tap while in a coil so lasts well.

Back
Top Bottom