What's new

Smoktech xpro M80 PLUS (In stock)

Just ran the tank down at 410f and no dry hits, its running the latest firmware 0006 obviously i cannot try it with your tank but so far so good for me with mine.

That sounds very promising indeed. Are you able to confirm what the results are on a dry/drying wick between 390 and 410... does it burn at all?. I would not obviously expect it to burn with a juice laden wick.

Apologies for the questions but am intrigued to see if Smok really have sorted the issues with this model. If they have, and you still have stock in a week or so, you will be getting my business ;-)

I'll pass your message on to the guy you was originally speaking with as he is in a meeting and get him to respond as he has been testing the device all morning :)

I'll pass your message on to the guy you was originally speaking with as he is in a meeting and get him to respond as he has been testing the device all morning :)

If you could that would be great.

How are you for stock if I decided to buy one it would be tomorrow after I've seen/read some reviews

Interest in the mod at the price and some good questions being asked, questions I'd be asking before buying. I will be thinking about buying this one after a bit more research. @Cloudstix how are you for stock ??

Stock levels will not be an issue for a week or two but a new order is going in.

so its second batch of units then as 0005 and 0006 are exact the same ( got this from Smok). 0005 is the update for 0004 , thats teh only difference.
in regards to burning. its still not properly sorted on these as i have burnt several NI 200 coils ( tastes horrible ) . ive burnt cotton as low as around 320 degrees.
the temp works differently from dna40 chip in that on the smok it climbs within a second to the temp then flatlines out .

on the dna 40 it hits the temp pretty much instantly but then decreases to maintain heat without burning .

would like to get a dna40 or sx350 mod to compare to my smok xpro m80

I cannot speak for your own cotton but atlantis seems fine... it does take a second to creep up to the set temperature but then holds firm within 1degree.

Comparing it to the DNA 40 then obviously its going to perform better as its close to x4 times the price so i would expect this...

As i say i shall be doing more testing and let people know.

No doubt smok will provide additional firmware updates which are done yourself at home.

Is there free postage on minimum X amount like £40 or higher or what will the postage be ??

Free shipping on any order over £15.00 and free recorded delivery over £35.00 so your more than covered there with this.

That sounds very promising indeed. Are you able to confirm what the results are on a dry/drying wick between 390 and 410... does it burn at all?. I would not obviously expect it to burn with a juice laden wick.

Apologies for the questions but am intrigued to see if Smok really have sorted the issues with this model. If they have, and you still have stock in a week or so, you will be getting my business ;-)

I have just ran the atlantis down again at 390f and had no burn...

I would love to say it would 100% be fine with your hardware but obviously i cannot guarantee this but atlantis coil no issues with my device on the desk.

Sorry i cannot be of any further help than this.

i think therin lies the difference with the smok over the vaporshark. the smok holds the temp at the temp set. the shark peaks at that temp then reduces so they work in oppsoite ways . as for the burning this was on a 0.2 ohm Smok Gimlet GCT tank with NI200, so in theory it shouldnt have burnt but unfortanately it shouldnt get burnt but it does. though couldnt really say what wicking they are using in the smok gimlet coils. not quite 4 x the price. the evovl dna 40 chip is around £40 and the vaporshark DNA40 ( fixed battery version for around £106 though if you were to put the mod in yourself ina box you could do that for around £80 or less.
not disputing the quality of the smok, i use mine every day and its a good solid build and nice design, that with some minor tweaks and changes by smok it would be a 5/5 rating .

Back
Top Bottom