What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Are all 18650 Batteries the same? The ultimate guide to understanding differences in 18650 batteries

This is a shot of the inside of the Vaporesso Gen battery cover, so Im looking for 18650 Samsung 30Q 35 A

bFFW7Ys.png

This is a shot of the inside of the Vaporesso Gen battery cover, so Im looking for 18650 Samsung 30Q 35 A

bFFW7Ys.png

samsung or any other cell manufacturer don't make a 35a 18650,
for a 60w vape on the GEN , as long as your resistance isn't super low, the 30qs or the sony vtc6 will do you fine, if you like to push the watts and vape lower at any time, get the molicell p28a

bFFW7Ys.png
I think they have put that in to be very overly cautious! For example of you were running that mod at 80 watts the drain would be 15amps per cell. At 100 it would be 19 amps. So many more batteries would cope that are rated below 35A for your tank

I think they have put that in to be very overly cautious! For example of you were running that mod at 80 watts the drain would be 15amps per cell. At 100 it would be 19 amps. So many more batteries would cope that are rated below 35A for your tank

Call me cynical but I think they put it in there so if it blows up then can claim that they aren't responsible because you weren't using the 35A cells they recommend.

Call me cynical but I think they put it in there so if it blows up then can claim that they aren't responsible because you weren't using the 35A cells they recommend.
I think you're absolutely right! The mod above only takes 18650 and as @WaitFor1t88 says there's no such thing as a 35A 650.

There is a formula for calculating the maximum Constant Discharge Rate (in amps) of the cells required for a regulated mod.

Wattage / Cell cut-off voltage / number of cells / mod efficiency = max amp draw per cell

Most mods cut out at around 3.2 volts, but we can use 3 volts for safety. The cut-off voltage is when the most strain is put on the cell.

Most modern regulated mods have an efficiency (i.e. how much power reaches the atty after deducting the losses to the board) of at least 85%, so we use that figure, in the form 0.85

60/3/2/0.85 = 11.76 amps per cell.

So at 60 watts, on a dual cell mod, a pair of 30Q, HG2, VTC6, etc will be fine.

It's lovely to see such well informed and accurate advice on this thread. Makes me feel warm inside. :)

Back
Top Bottom