What's new

Sales assistant needed for full time position in Shoreditch- House of Vapes London

Come on, give the business a break.

The good thing about looking at jobs is it's our choice whether to apply or not based on the role, wages and other perks / benefits.

So unless you are genuinely interested in the position I suggest not commenting.

If you want to start a thread about wages and the cost of living then do so.

The good thing about looking at jobs is it's our choice whether to apply or not based on the role, wages and other perks / benefits.

So unless you are genuinely interested in the position I suggest not commenting.

Sorry Angel, I totally disagree.

If this was a long-standing member of the forum who contributes then maybe the cutting slack thing would carry weight...but Jenny has made one single post.

In that post she offered a derisory wage. Sure, someone might be desperate enough to take it - but that doesn’t make offering eight quid an hour in London fair or just. And if she gauges if it’s ok by managing to fill the vacancy with someone who’d not be able to afford child care or London rents then she’s never going to get the message otherwise.

It’s not like people are going overboard with abuse, just opinions - like the rest of the forum. I see no reason why this should be given special privileges?

@Mawsley £8 ph anywhere in the UK is an insult but as it is minimum wage or above they are able to offer it.

I have let the posts run for a few days so she is aware of people's thoughts and my comment is the same as I have used whenever this situation arises. She has not had any special privileges and even if a long standing vendor offered the same I would do exactly the same.

I don't think folks mean the business any harm, collectively I think folks are genuinely shocked at the wages on offer and the discussion reflects this......sadly.

Back
Top Bottom