What's new

VandyVape - Pulse 80w BF Squonk

Vapin'Bolt

Postman
The only thing beating!

Helloooo Vandy Vape...one of the most go to choices for attys, comes this beauty of a looking bit of kit. Rising in the vaping world to have the backs of regulated mod users, the Pulse 80w BF Squonk. The design is beautiful and it sure is to be a device which is in the cupboards, glass cabinets and hands of all vapors. Let's have a look and see what we have...

resize_DSC_1160.JPG
resize_DSC_1161.JPG

Out the Box

Here we have the beautiful designed VandyVape Pulse 80w BF Squonk, and what a beautiful looking bit of kit we have.

The Squonk comes in of 8 different colour options all have black outer, but the panels are as follows; Lava Red, Fantastic Blue, Seaweed Green, Aurora Rainbow, Carbon fibre Black and Silver, Kitty Hawk and Kill Devil Hills. The mod retails at $79.99 USD and £50 GBP. There is a lot of difference in price from USD to GBP

The battery requirements are a single 20700, which come as standard if purchasing in China or through wholesale distribution Also it will accept high drain 40a 18650, with the supplied adaptor. For this, I have been using the 18650s purely because that is what I have more of and they have been lasting about 3-4 hours give and take the actual ohm I’m running at.

The mod can reach up to 5-80w which works on VW, Bypass, V and TC. With the new fast-acting VandyVape chip it really is a fast responding and works a treat.

The included BF bottle is 8ml and it’s a good construction easy to dispense along with a VandyVape logo to the top of the bottle. It does seem a bit tricky getting the bottle out when the battery is installed, as its very tightly compacted.

The kit includes a USB charger which is standard throughout the vaping world. Which I was advised by the supplier to upgrade to the newest software to give better performance.

Always at the bottom of the box is the user manuals along with a warranty card.

resize_DSC_1162.JPG

The Build

I'm going to say and I might get a lot of grief for this, but I really like the build of this mod its simple. The construction is made from plastic but has a rough finish which stops it from slipping out the hand. The magnetic panels are very strong and work a treat there hasn’t been any displacement as such yet but its still early days. As its plastic, there may be some warping in the long run, but I doubt it very much. The mod is measuring in at 82x56x27mm, weighing in at 285g. So, it isn’t too big but not on the small side. I like this feel in the hand and how it doesn’t feel too big, however, this is in my hands which are a decent size.

resize_DSC_1163.JPG

The bottle which is included is very much perfect it easily compresses to force e-liquid to the RDA and requires hardly any pressure. The bottle is very easy to clean and undo along with the easy fill. I've found a little knack on how to fill it without any leakages, trust me I have had a few when filling up the bottle.

The 510 connector which is stainless steel surrounding along with a gold-plated hollow pin, so the BF can easily pass through.

resize_DSC_1169.JPG

The screen is a decent size and easy to read. Used this mod in power mode as it really is the most used out there when I speak with fellow vapours hardly anyone is using TC mode anymore because it can be more hassle than it’s worth so on this first initial try I didn’t use it. Who knows I may get down to using it when I come to the two-week review. I did find using this mod at 45w was brilliant. It fires on the button with literally zero lag in between pressing the button and the atomiser firing.

The overall performance of the Pulse 80w has been on point however, this could be due to the update firmware on the new batch of models. I tried it on the recurve as well as the dead rabbit just to see if I get a difference in performance. I don’t I'm still trying to get the recurve right. I have been having a few dry hits with it and it isn’t anything to do with not squonking enough I just think the single coil isn’t the best way, but I can't fault the flavour and performance the Pulse brings to the recurve. I did revert back to the dead rabbit and it has had a re-wick yet, a bonus.

resize_DSC_1167.JPG
resize_DSC_1168.JPG

The battery life is poo I must say, and I can’t get any more than 3-4hours with a single 18650, it's slightly disappointing but it is what it is I'm not sure if I need to build bigger or smaller. In theory, it should be correct to the ohms law.

The buttons are very solid and there is no movement whatsoever I like them, however, the fire button has slightly gone lob sided I don’t know if this is through usage, but it still works fine, and everything has to set in when its new. There is no rattle at all which I'm pleased about I've said before rattle is a nightmare and a constant issue to me as a reviewer.

resize_DSC_1166.JPG

The screen area isn’t the biggest, but it doesn’t need to be it really is bright and can be easily seen in any light condition I love this about the screen. I think they got this right really.

The squonk area is grand and it does squonk very well there are no issues or leakages at present with the BF. The mod can take 25mm tanks no problem and I did try a few there wasn't any overhang good one there.

resize_DSC_1170.JPG

Pros

· Looks expensive

· Unique design per product (resin)

· Fires on the Button

· Easy to use

· Nice bright screen

· Large E-Liquid capacity (7-8ml)

Cons

· Feels cheap

· Battery life isn't the best (used two types)

· TC could do with some work

Conclude

So on using this mod I like it...its light and compact and I don't feel awkward carrying. It's not the best mad mod and why I say this is purely because of its plastic and there are better squonk devices out there.

In speaking with a lot of people in relation to this they have said have you had any difficulties in performance, not really. How about arcing? Not yet...well you do not see it its plastic and plastic is an insulator. The battery life isn't the best and that lets the mod down a lot in my opinion. I have had to carry a spare battery and I don't like doing this but I suppose some mods can't handle the builds you are using. I only vaped at 50w constant as I felt it gave the best flavour and cloud. I didn't get one dry hit at all while using this set up it was perfect for me.

I must say I had to update to the latest version firmware to get true readings and give better performance overall. There's was not much difference really, but it's done.

Would I buy this? yeah, I think I would even though there are flaws I like it a lot. its basic, it works.

resize_DSC_1172.JPG

Equipment/Products Used

Mod – Vandy Vape Pulse 80w BF - Lava Red
Tank - Hellvape By the Heathen Dead Rabbit - Black
E-liquid – Vaporworks Coil Oil - Recipe No.76 - 64/36 3mg nic
Coils – Dual Coil - Flat Fused Clapton - Dual Core - 0.19ohm
Batteries – Samsung 25r 18650 2500mAh 20a & Efest 3500 mAh 20a

I would like to thank Ema from Sourcemore for supplying the Pulse 80w for the purpose of this review.

Back
Top Bottom