Usability
Air Flow
Leakage
Issues
Overall impression
Marks out of 10

Griffin-Aio-color-options.jpg

First Impression:
When I opened the box to reveal my new Griffin Aio, my first thoughts were “WOW IT’S BIG!”. In my opinion, when it comes to vaping, bigger is often better. So when I get a nice big tank with big holes and big everything, I get a sense that I am going to enjoy using it.

Design and Quality:
The Griffin Aio has a cool “I’m in charge” look about it. With two very large air flow vents at the base of the unit and a further four at the top, you can see that Geek Vape have really considered cloud density to match such a big piece. Not only that, but the Aio is also a strong piece. It has clearly been made with durability in mind. So a few bumps and thumps I am sure the Griffin Aio can handle it. Not bad considering all the parts.

Usability:
The build deck on the Griffin Aio of the dual coil is very simplistic. I noticed right away the four large holes in the posts. “BIG” I thought to myself, these can take some serious coils. The build process was very simple. I had it all coiled and wicked within a few minutes. There was no messing around and everything was straightforward. Juiced up and ready to go. It was relatively simple to put all the pieces back together too.
The Griffin Aio also comes with a single coil build deck. I am looking forward to trying it out.

Air Flow:
As soon as I took my first hit from the Griffin Aio, I could feel my lungs filling up right away. As I let the vapour out, a huge cloud flowed across the room. I was in love with my new RTA. The air vents at the bottom from a closed position are a simple four click turns and fully open. As for the four at the top beneath the tip, they are two. I think to add any more air vents would be overkill on this piece.

Leakage:
I place the Griffin Aio in various positions for a couple of hours and tried to get it to leak much in the same way that a regular piece would. There are no leaks to be mentioned and it really stood its ground. I feel safe to put this in my kit back knowing that it won’t pour juices all over my other accessories etc.

Issues:
The cotton holes inside are a little on the small side. Big hits from the Griffin will have the cotton drying out faster than it can absorb more liquid. Leading to a fast dry hit and lots of coughing. Not a product which can be used without taking a break from regular puffing.

Overall Impression:
The Griffin Aio RTA is a great piece. I can see this fast becoming one of my go to DIY builds for a while. It is a little tall and would not fill well in any pockets, so functionality is missing. However, it looks good, it feels good, it was easy to build on and it gives big clouds.
The cotton holes let it down a little. If they were wider, then I am sure it would be a really perfect piece for an all day vaper.

Marks out of 10:

Reviewed by Dave Phillipson

Back
Top Bottom