What's new

IJOY Avenger PD270 Kit

Vapin'Bolt

Postman
Avenge the AI…

Here we have the IJOY Avenger 270 Kit, first impressions are it looks very futuristic…that’s because it is set out to be with the AI voice control the first of its kind in the vaping world, and trust me it works well. Do I like it? We will have to see. But overall this is set out to become the one that attracts all the technologists and a younger generation of vapours.

resize_DSC_0139.JPG

Out the Box

So IJOY and AI… It comes in 8 different colour options all of which are to meet the market needs and the colour contrasts are brilliant I like them a lot.

As I received the EU edition I didn’t get the batteries as I’ve been told that the batteries cannot be shipped and won’t be allowed through customs. Oh well better safe than sorry. However, the Kit includes a 18650 adaptor which is a blue rubber finish

The kit includes the new Avenger Sub Ohm tank which is brilliant the air flow is out of the world along with the clouds, flavour and build. Well done here IJOY I’m in love. With the tank comes a pre-installed coil, which is the new market trend of a mesh and wood pulp cotton. They are good, and the idea is so that the cotton vapours evenly and gives a more consistent hit. Yes, they do, and they are so good and full of flavour. The coil is at 0.15ohm pretty good to say and what this gives off. This has a range of 40-90W. I used the tank at 50w as I found this nicer on the throat and flavour. Everyone is sure to be different. Also included is the X3-C1S Coil, which again is decent I like this, its set at 0.35ohm with a range of 40-80W, I again kept this at 50w.

201804211808510148.jpg

1 Replacement glass which is clear, however, pre-installed is the bubble glass which is becoming more and more available to every kit nowadays. A Tool pack, USB cable, along with manual and your warranty card

resize_DSC_0146.JPG

The Build

I’m not going to lie it really is a well-built mod and it shows the high quality for such an affordable price. The Mod is very weighty and seems to drag the shorts and jeans when it’s placed in the pocket so ideally, I would recommend keeping hold of it. The colour screen is a decent size and doesn’t fade in any light at all. Which makes this a good option for anyone vaping in the sunny days. The up and down buttons are also housing the different mood light which again draws me towards being more of a gimmick overall. However, they are bright and do set the mod off. The fire button is solid and there is no play at all I managed to fire the mod quite close to the bottom so it’s a good shout.

The battery adaptor for the mod Is made from rubber and they have never been my choice for adaptors as they can be fiddly. I thought that Wismec got this right with their plastic ones.

However, on that note, the batteries slide in very well and there was no play whatsoever so well done there IJOY. I decided to use the 18650s, just so I could get a feel on the adaptor if It was a good option. And yes, either or as long as the batteries are high mah, along with a good brand, you should be fine and get optimum power output. However, they do recommend using 20700 batteries, so they last a lot longer. I would say don’t go and buy them if you haven’t got them EFest 3500mah is just fine.

resize_DSC_0141.JPG
resize_DSC_0140.JPG

So, IJOY has done it, they have made the first AI voice control mod, is it good yes, it works very well as long as you know the actual commands, did I use it? Certainly not it isn’t my thing and most of all I must say that the way it works is on form and that they have managed to do what was set out. I have gone through the different commands just to say I have had a go.

You start by saying “Hello IJOY” then you follow on with a command (13 in total), for instance, romantic lighting, the lights then fade slowly between different colours catchy!

201804211809007062.jpg

The avenger tank…OMG, its brilliant I actually love this sub ohm tank. Would I buy one… yes and the main reason Is for the mesh coils, I get that everywhere are now producing mesh coils. It’s my first mesh coil and I’m impressed. Now, where do I start with them? So, the coil is pre-installed into the tank where it is shaped like a bullet tip which is so cool in my eyes. The airflow is great, and it is a constant hit, I was getting reports that the tank whistled now and again. I haven’t had anything like that yet and it still shows good signs of a strong vape. The tip is made from SS so it does get quite warm as the mesh coils heat up evenly, so this gives an even vapor. The tank is 25mm and it certainly does look the part, top fill design and bottom flow air control.

resize_DSC_0142.JPG

The screen is of a decent size and is very clear to the eye. Some people have raised awareness that the theme cannot be changed I’m afraid it cannot. However, it is an image of a concept car which does look cool and fits the over mod design. Somewhere along the line, I’m sure a firmware update will make you be able to configure. If there isn’t IJOY I would recommend let users change this.

There is an option for you to change the pre-heat settings which are the standard; user, normal, soft, and hard. User mode can be altered to your desire from the first 3 seconds of heating. Temperature control modes are as follows; SS, Ni, Ti, and two TCR memory modes, but is it good. It’s not for me it’s more led by the power mode than anything.

The mod itself has a centred 510 pin location again this is a plus for me and it helps make the mod look the part rather than being off centred. The mod can handle anything up to a 30mm diameter tank and guess what it doesn’t overhang.

2-week review

The juice I went for was Nasty Juice and a thicker Joes Juice I was going to run three different types of juices but why to bother I know what I’m getting with this tank and it's still a blast.

I tried the TC again it doesn’t work to the standards I require it shuts off and goes back onto power mode. Not a problem for me as I prefer power mode it's more simple and easier to use. So stick with this one…

In the two-week period, I have only used the mesh coil and it works just as it did when I first used it. The priming of the coil is so quick, and I cannot get over how quickly I was able to use it. I didn’t manage to put this in the first review as I was so overwhelmed by what was going off with this little gem I couldn’t get my head around everything…

201804211825271698.jpg

Anyways, leakage…there wasn’t any I’m so surprised too it literally vapors every bit and doesn’t let it run through anymore.

I haven’t had any issues at all with the kit. Only what I said previously in relation to the TC mode I don’t like it. I managed to get some more AI voice control in and it grows on me, but did I use it? Nope… I didn’t need to it's not me, but I can see why they have done it. It brings a lot of attention to the mod. However, it really doesn’t need it as it really is damn good.

resize_DSC_0143.JPG

Month end review

I have decided not to give a full on month end to this product as I cannot possibly give any more information. On how it performs. All I can say is well cone IJOY for getting the voice control on the first mod. You jammy people you…

Pros

• Airflow is great
  • Consistent flavour
  • Vast colour options
  • No leaks
  • Big clouds
  • High-quality finish
  • Beautiful airflow with just the right resistance on a full setting
  • X3 Mesh
  • Fire button is strong
  • High-quality build
  • Strong bottom door closer
  • Option of using 18650 or 20700

Cons

• I don’t get the voice control – everyone for themselves – but it works and works well…
  • Led by technologist’s market
  • Not enough into the TC mode

Conclude

Would I buy one if I lost or damaged it… probably not and its nothing to do with the kit at all its just the overall gimmick of voice control isn’t me and I wouldn’t see there any point in buying it. If the VC wasn’t attached to it yes, I would, as I'm sure battery would be a lot longer. As for battery life, it lasts a good 8 hours of constant usage.

The tank I would buy, I love it and I love how it is built to a high solid standard I can’t faultier this one bit. So if you are in need of a new tank what looks and performs well go out and get it.

So for me, I give this baby a 4.5 out of 5… Well done and good luck in what the next venture is I’m sure at some point this will lead to something more attracting to the market. Where will you go next?

resize_DSC_0147.JPG

Equipment/Products Used

My chosen mod – IJOY Avenger PD270 Kit
E-liquid - Nasty Juice - A$AP Grape & Joes Juice - Twister 70/30 3mg
Coils – X3-Mesh 0.16ohm - these are smooth as!!!
Batteries - LG 3000 mah 18650s

Attachments

• resize_DSC_0144.JPG
    resize_DSC_0144.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
  • resize_DSC_0145.JPG
    resize_DSC_0145.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 38
Back
Top Bottom