What's new

Does vaping help with depression?

I'm a bit of a depressed character, and I'd say vaping (like any other hobby) helps a little. If I've had a bad day and I'm all glum when I get home I stick on some music, make a cup of tea and have a vape. I may recoil something if I'm feeling a bit twitchy. I may crack open the really tasty sweet coil-killer vape to cheer myself up as well. So yeah, vaping helps with the annoying blues that I can get.

Nicotine is a depression aid so vaping and smoking would both work to alleviate depression oh and the shite from the chemists like Nicotine gum etc, Smoking is bad for your health though and the Gum, patches etc are useless as a stop smoking tool,

Conclusion. People against vaping depress me, big pharma and big tobacco depress me.

I'm a bit of a depressed character, and I'd say vaping (like any other hobby) helps a little. If I've had a bad day and I'm all glum when I get home I stick on some music, make a cup of tea and have a vape. I may recoil something if I'm feeling a bit twitchy. I may crack open the really tasty sweet coil-killer vape to cheer myself up as well. So yeah, vaping helps with the annoying blues that I can get.
It's really good that you are still able to cheer up. Some depressed people (including me) are despondent all the time. Can't even get out of my bed sometimes.

It's really good that you are still able to cheer up. Some depressed people (including me) are despondent all the time. Can't even get out of my bed sometimes.
Good wording there. Despondent. That's me quite a bit. I had a period last year that finally forced me to seek help; for about a month I hardly got out of bed. Just.. couldn't. I thought that I was completely worthless, people don't give a fuck about me, that I don't matter. That I am a waste of time/life. That the best place for me is in my bed. Finally forced myself to go to my GP and put the shit out straight. She started trying me on antidepressants. First two worked for a fortnight (each), then fuck all, even with increased dose. I'm currently on sertraline (SSRI) 50mg. It's been about two months, and it helps me. I'm able to go to work, at least. I still have a hard time dealing with other humans though. I just don't understand why they do what they do? I can't grasp the concept of the daily drama.

Good wording there. Despondent. That's me quite a bit. I had a period last year that finally forced me to seek help; for about a month I hardly got out of bed. Just.. couldn't. I thought that I was completely worthless, people don't give a fuck about me, that I don't matter. That I am a waste of time/life. That the best place for me is in my bed. Finally forced myself to go to my GP and put the shit out straight. She started trying me on antidepressants. First two worked for a fortnight (each), then fuck all, even with increased dose. I'm currently on sertraline (SSRI) 50mg. It's been about two months, and it helps me. I'm able to go to work, at least. I still have a hard time dealing with other humans though. I just don't understand why they do what they do? I can't grasp the concept of the daily drama.
Right. It's like, there is nothing to live for at all. Like everything is utterly pointless, why get out of bed? I'm able to go to work too, but only sleep five hours or less every night. Everything becomes dark.

Right. It's like, there is nothing to live for at all. Like everything is utterly pointless, why get out of bed? I'm able to go to work too, but only sleep five hours or less every night. Everything becomes dark.
Yup. The crap thing is, there is no quick fix. No sudden revilation of mended mental health. It can get better though. I'm in counseling, which....sort of helps me to think about the sludge of self-hatred I've created. It's also making me see that the people who seem happy all the time are just liars and shameless self-promoters, who surround themselves with other liars and shameless self-promoters, and they tell each other lies and pat each other on the back in a big circle-jerk of self-promotion. Yeah, I'm finding that hating others is better than hating myself. I know this won't last though.

Vaping is great for depression, I was suicidal, self harming and basically living in another planet, if it wasn't for vaping I would probably be dead, that is a fact!

I'm talking about taking on vaping as a hobby, it gave me an interest, introduced me to a huge social circle, got me out the house and I'm in a better place now than I've ever been in my life.

Yes I still suffer from depression but I manage it on a daily basis and I'm doing just fine.

You are NOT alone, there are charities that will help you, the NHS will help you and the are people on these vaping forums that will help you all day long.

Whew, that was a bit heavy [emoji23]

Yup. The crap thing is, there is no quick fix. No sudden revilation of mended mental health. It can get better though. I'm in counseling, which....sort of helps me to think about the sludge of self-hatred I've created. It's also making me see that the people who seem happy all the time are just liars and shameless self-promoters, who surround themselves with other liars and shameless self-promoters, and they tell each other lies and pat each other on the back in a big circle-jerk of self-promotion. Yeah, I'm finding that hating others is better than hating myself. I know this won't last though.
Exactly. Those are all fake people around who pretend they are happy and everything is well and fine and perfect. Going to quit my job though I know it won't solve the problem. Just want to find a cave to hide in and never come out. Want to fall asleep and never wake up again. I hate myself too.

Back
Top Bottom