What's new

Best vape kit for ladies: XOMO Mim, Lady Q, Suorin Drop kit

Hehe I hadn't really thought about it much - I tend not to attach a gender to folk online, it seems pointless. I generally go by a non-asshole/asshole dichotomy of classification :18: But now it's been mentioned I think I'd assumed @zouzounaki was female too. No idea why, I guess some folk write in a style that isn't distinctly gendered. Zou also has a rather marvellous looking cat in his avatar pic - looks just like my youngest kitty - so I can't help but feel some kinship lmao

You’ve maybe seen me out and about with my pink lazer cloud beast and sequinned mod. It’s an easy mistake to make!
Sounds like you need to get a Voopoo DRAG lol. The only time i wear pink is when i,m in my birthday suit and thats not quite pink to be fair

I definitely find that. Then at the same time, it seems that members on the forum here are mostly male. It doesn't bother me if someone assumes I'm a bloke really on a forum, especially with my user name.

Something that does bother me is the obligatory pink version of some mods. I was looking at @JAC Vapour 's mods recently and while they look good, they're black, silver or pink :19: How about some gender neutral colours?

Hope you don't mind but I thought I'd post from a manufacturer perspective. We are a small setup, so we have to choose colours carefully and there is always an argument in the design room about what colours we should do, we are not Smok, so we can't release every colour under the sun, so what we do is tend to experiment. Black is pretty much a definite topseller (5 out of every 10 units sold) followed by steel/silver/grey as it's probably the top gender neutral one, but leans towards the male stereotypes I think , beyond that we try and pick colours that will oppose (attract a completely different type of user), for the S17 we choose pink, basically because it was the polar opposite of the Black in regards to buying colour profile, also outside of black it was the highest searched specific colour for a mod online at the time. Everybody always suggest Navy as a colour, but it's profile is so similar to Black, a person purchasing black will nearly always be happy with navy and vice versa, and a black purchaser will nearly always be happy with grey/steel as well. Basically most dark colours appeal to the same user. Also in our experience nearly every user will make do with black/steel/grey it's not a deal breaker, but nearly every other colour is for one person or another. When it came to the S22 again we were in a bit of dilemma, we wanted a more gender neutral colour and ended up going for green, and it's a limegreen (dark green can be associated with military and again not be gender neutral) as brighter colours like neons can be more attractive to a wide group, it'll be interesting to see how this colour performs as it's not released yet, but pre-orders suggest it's a far stronger selling colours. Personally I like dark colours with bright accents (black and yellow), and as we hopefully grow we'll be able to release far more variations. Interestingly it can be as much the name of the colour that sways opinion, Rose red will not sell well with males, where as Blood red will.

I’m not trying to construe sports cars as being a projected aspiration of a desired phalus size on the part of the driver, just to make that clear at the outset. And for transparency, I don’t own a car at all. Make of that what you will.

However, the way I see it, the trend towards giant mods, grotesque tanks, hideous ridged and rubber coated devices that could pass for sex toys, frankly unusable power capabilities, imagery used in marketing in the vaping world etc., is simply another expression of what we see in the world of cars and driving. One might say to another, “look at the size of my massive smok”, “my tank is bigger than yours” “I have the biggest beast, and I’m not scared to puff on it” “I have a 40mm tank, get that up ye” “mine might be a bit smaller but it has fancy lights” etc.

Maybe things would be a bit more transparent if we all were issued as standard with the phalic mods in the post above, but that they issue them in a variety of sizes, and before purchase one has to get measured up for it. This would mean in effect that the phalus one wanders about sucking on the end of would be far more of an accurate reflection of what is contained under the bonnet, so to speak.

Just my tuppence worth.

I had a conversation with a psychotherapist friend about guitars which took a similar turn not that long ago.

I’m not trying to construe sports cars as being a projected aspiration of a desired phalus size on the part of the driver, just to make that clear at the outset. And for transparency, I don’t own a car at all. Make of that what you will.

However, the way I see it, the trend towards giant mods, grotesque tanks, hideous ridged and rubber coated devices that could pass for sex toys, frankly unusable power capabilities, imagery used in marketing in the vaping world etc., is simply another expression of what we see in the world of cars and driving. One might say to another, “look at the size of my massive smok”, “my tank is bigger than yours” “I have the biggest beast, and I’m not scared to puff on it” “I have a 40mm tank, get that up ye” “mine might be a bit smaller but it has fancy lights” etc.

Maybe things would be a bit more transparent if we all were issued as standard with the phalic mods in the post above, but that they issue them in a variety of sizes, and before purchase one has to get measured up for it. This would mean in effect that the phalus one wanders about sucking on the end of would be far more of an accurate reflection of what is contained under the bonnet, so to speak.

Just my tuppence worth.

I had a conversation with a psychotherapist friend about guitars which took a similar turn not that long ago.

Sadly it is Youth culture today which revolves around showing off, demanding respect without earning it, bragging, and competing for who's got the biggest, best and most expensive. As well as the need to feel part of the in crowd. That creates the whole thing.
You have them roaming round "look at me in my £200 trainers and another £300 worth of designer labelled clothes" yet they are hanging around bored and the reason is they have no money left to go out and enjoy a night out." I can still wear it while dossing the streets and my mates will give me cred"
Which sums up buying a 400w mod and not being able to use it over 200w, why buy it " I can show it to my mates while we doss the streets and i get cred for it cos it can go upto 400w". Manufacturers are aware of this need to be best or feel accepted and capitalise on it

Is a 400 watt mod by Smok going to be better than say a voopoo drag or an IPV mod. It might have 200 watts more available but as you say who needs it, So no

Back
Top Bottom