What's new

Best vape kit for ladies: XOMO Mim, Lady Q, Suorin Drop kit

It's wholly unnecessary.

In fact @yappycat maybe it could be a subject for your blog. It's one of those industries that has, for some reason, adopted the scantily clad women approach for advertising. I don't understand why when it's a universal tool for smoking cessation.

Yeah it's actually something I've been thinking on since...well since I started vaping really. A lot of people deny that vaping is gendered but it bloody is. The names and styles of the mods are overwhelmingly geared to appeal to men. The difference in the way I'm spoken to in vape shops by other customers until the moment they realise that I know as much as they do, if not more, about vaping. I'm certain that I'm not the only female who has experienced that time and time again. The way we as females are assumed to be male by default on forums...yep even on PotV!!! The occasional 'Bro' doesn't bother me one bit, but I sometimes bristle when I see threads that say shit like...'l need some help lads' or 'what do you lads think?'

I mean how come vaping is assumed to be a 'lad/bloke' thing? I don't get it, or was smoking always thought to be a bloke thing too? The Marlborough Man style of advertising would make it appear so, and I've come across the assumption a few times that vaping is somehow 'feminine' in relation to smoking...but then that contradicts the notion that vaping is gendered male????
Yep it's an issue I muse upon quite often...in my teeny girly make-up obsessed pea brain...:rofl:

Screenshot_30.jpg

Yeah it's actually something I've been thinking on since...well since I started vaping really. A lot of people deny that vaping is gendered but it bloody is. The names and styles of the mods are overwhelmingly geared to appeal to men. The difference in the way I'm spoken to in vape shops by other customers until the moment they realise that I know as much as they do, if not more, about vaping. I'm certain that I'm not the only female who has experienced that time and time again. The way we as females are assumed to be male by default on forums...yep even on PotV!!! The occasional 'Bro' doesn't bother me one bit, but I sometimes bristle when I see threads that say shit like...'l need some help lads' or 'what do you lads think?'

I mean how come vaping is assumed to be a 'lad/bloke' thing? I don't get it, or was smoking always thought to be a bloke thing too? The Marlborough Man style of advertising would make it appear so, and I've come across the assumption a few times that vaping is somehow 'feminine' in relation to smoking...but then that contradicts the notion that vaping is gendered male????
Yep it's an issue I muse upon quite often...in my teeny girly make-up obsessed pea brain...:rofl:

View attachment 141696

I do totally get where you’re coming from, but I’d say that the naming, images etc are aimed at a stereotype of men. I personally have no interest in buying by something because it has pictures of erupting volcanos and is called the whatever beast. Seems ridiculous and stupid to me, I don’t imagine I’m the only man that would agree with me. Vape shops with neon lights and pictures of skulls etc.

Perhaps the male gendered image of vaping is a freudian unconscious mechanism to counter the fact that vaping is effeminate?

Does anyone else think the fire button on this looks like a genital wort?

It might well be a wart, 2 women where arguing in my street today.
"katie you vicious cow, you've been going round saying my husbands got a wart on the end of his cock"
" I swear Denise i never said that, i said that it felt like a wart on the end of his cock"
and all hell broke lose brawling in the street they where . i just carried on walking

I do totally get where you’re coming from, but I’d say that the naming, images etc are aimed at a stereotype of men. I personally have no interest in buying by something because it has pictures of erupting volcanos and is called the whatever beast. Seems ridiculous and stupid to me, I don’t imagine I’m the only man that would agree with me. Vape shops with neon lights and pictures of skulls etc.

Sadly I think a lot of it is about attracting people that have never smoked.

... and young men would be the easiest targets for that, for a lot of reasons.

A lot of people deny that vaping is gendered but it bloody is. The names and styles of the mods are overwhelmingly geared to appeal to men. The difference in the way I'm spoken to in vape shops by other customers until the moment they realise that I know as much as they do, if not more, about vaping. I'm certain that I'm not the only female who has experienced that time and time again. The way we as females are assumed to be male by default on forums...yep even on PotV!!! The occasional 'Bro' doesn't bother me one bit, but I sometimes bristle when I see threads that say shit like...'l need some help lads' or 'what do you lads think?'

I definitely find that. Then at the same time, it seems that members on the forum here are mostly male. It doesn't bother me if someone assumes I'm a bloke really on a forum, especially with my user name.

Something that does bother me is the obligatory pink version of some mods. I was looking at @JAC Vapour 's mods recently and while they look good, they're black, silver or pink :19: How about some gender neutral colours?

I definitely find that. Then at the same time, it seems that members on the forum here are mostly male. It doesn't bother me if someone assumes I'm a bloke really on a forum, especially with my user name.

Something that does bother me is the obligatory pink version of some mods. I was looking at @JAC Vapour 's mods recently and while they look good, they're black, silver or pink :19: How about some gender neutral colours?

Like these?
upload_2017-10-18_21-53-27.jpeg
images
Hold on there's a few mods in those colours,
Lots of women who like to follow the latest fashion like pink and purple, unless they are Grungers, punks or crusty's then it don't matter what colour something is. Same goes for blokes on that . Give me a tie dye resin look mod anyday or even a camo mod. Not keen on silver mods i have 1 and thats got a snakeskin wrap on it.
The Problems arise from everything being aimed at fashion and fad followers Hipsters are to blame :18:

There is currently 709,166 results for 'Mens Pink Shirt" on ebay .... other than the fact people dress baby girls in pink so people can say "what's her name isn't she cute?" without getting a reply of 'It's a boy, his name is John" ... I don't think colours are really gender specific. I have a pink drip tip on one of my my Kabuki's and a purple tip on my Hadaly. .... and I know a few girls who will only wear black and would want a black device if they vaped for sure.

Back
Top Bottom