What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Inawera Concentrates Reviews

Ment

Legend
I mixed all bar the Koolada at 10% in 3mg and they've been steeping for a week now.

I know this is higher than most people use for Inawera, but as these are standalone mixes for testing I want to get the full flavour.

I'll be spending a day with each one, vaping in a Maze RDA dual coiled with 0.5 SS Flatwire at 0.2 ohms, cleaning the tank and rewicking for each flavour.

1. Yes, We Cheesecake.

I'm not getting a lot of cheesecake, but it's a very nice flavour. Creamy and sweet with a slight savoury note, I could vape this all day on its own, and at a lower concentration it will make a great base for dessert mixes.

a) Reflection of a dedicated flavour in the mix (0-4 points) = 2 Good

b) Intensity of a flavour (0-2 points) = 2 High

c) Flavour’s composition/basically the flavour is…(0-3 points) = 3 Excellent

d) I add to the favourites (0-3 points) = 3 All day vape

Total points: 10

I'll be trying this in a vanilla custard and with strawberry, it could well replace all the creams I currently use.

I haven't tested the Inawera Koolada yet either. The way I classify it, Koolada is not a flavour but an additive, much like sweetener, MTS Vape Wizard, Magic Mask etc.
The only way to test IN Koolada would be to make a juice then add various Kooladas in separate bottles in order to compare the effect.

I think you're a brave man to be trying some of these new flavours at 10%. I know everyone's flavour perception is unique but trust me, most of them will be massively overflavoured even as a standalone. What VG/PG ratio are you testing on?

I mixed all mine and made 2 batches of each @3% and the 2nd batch at 5% will find out on the weekend what they taste like.
10% is crazy with inawera mate,
If i use any of the inawera concs in a mix with other flavours the highest ive used is 3% and i usually use anywhere between 0.5% and 1% for the sweet spot.
I will pm you and compare notes over the weekend you beautiful ex busdriver you x x x @Ment

You guys are right - I'm on the mojito, and 10% is way too high, but it's easy enough to thin down.

I'm using the 50/50 bases they sent me.

2. Mojito

It was a big mistake mixing this at 10%, and I diluted ti down to 5 and 2.5.

It was unvapeable at 10, good at 5 and much better at 2.5, where the mint really tastes like mint.

I don't know what a Mojito should taste like and can't pick out any of the other flavours, but it's a pleasant enough vape.

a) Reflection of a dedicated flavour in the mix (0-4 points) = 2 Good

c) Flavour’s composition/basically the flavour is…(0-3 points) = 1 Ordinary

d) I add to the favourites (0-3 points) = 1 Occasional vape

Total points: 6

Not one I would order, but it's nice enough if you like mint vapes.

3. Two Pears

Tested at 2.5%. A nice, authentic pear taste, very much like a Williams pear.

a) Reflection of a dedicated flavour in the mix (0-4 points) = 3 Exemplary

c) Flavour’s composition/basically the flavour is…(0-3 points) = 2 Good

d) I add to the favourites (0-3 points) = 2 As a constant

Total points: 9

This was even better when used in a mix (U.S. version of Snake Oil with coconut and cream) and is now my favourite pear flavouring.

4. Passion Flower

Tested at 4 and 2.5%. I wasn't looking forward to this - previous experiences of exotic fruits or anything with flower in the name were not good, but this was a real surprise.

This is a really good flavour and needs full wine taster's mode to describe it - delicate floral notes and fruity notes with hints of pear, lychee, peach, and passion fruit (obviously).

It's subtle and very moreish - I dripped 5ml in about 10 minutes. At 4% it was perfect for me, though others will be happy with a lighter mix.

a) Reflection of a dedicated flavour in the mix (0-4 points) = 4 Perfect

c) Flavour’s composition/basically the flavour is…(0-3 points) = 3 Exceellent

d) I add to the favourites (0-3 points) = 3 All day vape

Total points: 12

This is a must for anybody who likes this sort of flavour, and I think it's perfect on its own. For other fruit lovers it will be great in a mix.

5. Rumble Crumble

Tested at 2.5 and 5%. Not much flavour at 2.5%.

I'm glad these came labelled because I wouldn't have had a clue what this was, but in the event I'm none the wiser. A nice, confectionery taste, but nothing that I could identify.

a) Reflection of a dedicated flavour in the mix (0-4 points) = 0 Neutral

b) Intensity of a flavour (0-2 points) = 1 Average

d) I add to the favourites (0-3 points) = 2 As a constant

Total points: 5

This has scored lower than I would have liked, due to the scoring system, and is one that I will use to perk up dull cream based mixes or custards. It's also a perfectly good standalone vape.

6. Juicy Lemon

Tested at 2.5%. This is another authentic tasting juice, but it's not sharp enough for me.

a) Reflection of a dedicated flavour in the mix (0-4 points) = 3 Exemplary

b) Intensity of a flavour (0-2 points) = 2 Good

d) I add to the favourites (0-3 points) = 1 Occasional

Total points: 8

Lemon flavours very wildly, possibly something to do with extracting the oil where natural lemons are used. Many will like this as it has a good lemony flavour, but for me it's too mild to go in with sweet flavours.

7. Zwei Peanuts

Tested at 2.5%. I really didn't like this, I found it bitter and unpleasant despite tasting of peanut. I can see where Inawera are going with this range, aiming to get away from the candy shop effect and produce authentic tasting flavours, but some flavours are probably not meant to be vaped and this is one of them.

a) Reflection of a dedicated flavour in the mix (0-4 points) = 1 Good

b) Intensity of a flavour (0-2 points) = 2 Good

c) Flavour’s composition/basically the flavour is…(0-3 points) = 0 Neutral

d) I add to the favourites (0-3 points) = 0 No

Total points: 3

This obviously isn't meant to be a standalone vape, but I've never found a juice that was improved by mixing it with another.

Back
Top Bottom