(In Stock)ShenRay TF GTR MTL 23mm RTA Silver $14 + $4 Local DHL
sku_69843_2.jpg
sku_69843_3.jpg

(In stock)ShenRay GEVOLUTION V2 Style 25mm Highend Mesh RDTA $24 + $4 Local DHL
With all logos as the original,

sku_69305_3.jpg
sku_69305_6.jpg

Shenray TF GTR RTA Review

I was sent this RTA for the purpose of review. The model I was sent was the PSU tank version. They are available in a plethora of tank options from all metal, metal and pei, pei, metal and pmma, pmma, and PSU material that is supposed to be very durable and resistant to juices that are known to crack pmma tanks.

I don’t have the authentic to compare it to but it does appear to be a 1:1 replication of the Taifun GTR RTA down to the branding but not the packaging.

I’ll break this down by category scoring and why I graded it X out of 5 per category.

Machining 4/5: The machining was very well done. All the threading was smooth and there did not appear to be any errors or flaws as far as any burrs, shards or scratches. There was some slight machining residue left over but a quick run through the ultrasonic cleaner resolved that. Regardless of the source of a device everything has to be machined and it’s just good practice to clean devices before using them. It is pretty fiddly to get the atty secured down but also still having it able to adjust the juice flow control and making sure you can close the juice flow control when removing the top cap to fill and then being able to reopen the juice flow control after filling and replacing the cap without unscrewing the atty from the tank in the process. This will also be mentioned in the airflow scoring.

Options 5/5: As mentioned at the beginning of the review there is a bunch of options available. You have multiple tank material options depending on the look you prefer or if you need a material that is resistant to abuse or to menthol/cinnamon/citrus juices. The tank capacity is great too. 4ml to me is the sweet spot for restricted direct lung to mouth to lung attys in keeping the tank more compact but also allowing you to get through most of a day if not a whole day without a refill. There is also the option of a direct lung specific airflow post for those of us that need just a bit more airflow. It also appears that you can get the atty in black as well.

Build/wick 4.5/5: It’s very easy to build and wick but the reason for the slight deduction in points is the lack of a ledge in the lead openings to aid in keeping the leads from wanting to kick out while tightening the grub screws. It doesn’t matter what direction you wrap your coils in which is great. Given that it is meant as a MTL or very restricted direct lung device I wouldn’t recommend building larger than 2.5mm inner diameter coils although there is technically room to fit in 3mm coils. Wicking is super easy as well. Just make sure you have cotton resting in front of the two small juice channels and you’re good. I wouldn’t recommend using juices thicker than 70/30 vg/pg as the juice channels are quite small.

Airflow 4.5/5: The airflow regardless of what you chose is smooth and quiet. You can choose to use either both the small and larger airflow holes open, just the larger airflow hole open or just the smaller airflow hole open just with a turn of the airflow ring. The airflow ring has a ball detent mechanism that allows it to give a positive click between each adjustment point but it doesn’t have a hard stop at either full open or full close which is why there is a slight point deduction. Had there been a hard stop at either the max or minimum adjustment point of the airflow it would have eliminated the fiddly nature of that sweet tightness spot where you are able to easily adjust the juice flow control before or after removing the cap to top fill. Also worth mentioning is there is a direct lung airflow post option that is a separate purchase. I did not get a chance to use or test the direct lung airflow post so I can’t give an opinion on it but can speculate that if it even gives just a touch more airflow than it would be a recommended purchase for those that want a more open but still restricted direct lung vape or very loose mouth to lung vape.

Flavor 5/5: the small chamber size, directed and smooth and quiet airflow all contribute to giving this atty fantastic flavor. I can’t find any faults in the flavor department of this atty.

Overall 4.5/5 The pros far outweigh the cons for this atty and for those unable to acquire the authentic this could be a good alternative.

Back
Top Bottom