What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

The shipping way of Gearbest

Mine still says "With Sender" despite the fact that it was dispatched on 12 December. Yelena at Gearbest asked me to wait until 11 February to see if it turns up. I never had such a long delay with GB before, really weird...

My farce started back in September. Received the mod early in December - think vape dna75c - but only one battery/sled cell working. Sent it back. They used to handle all returns in Birmingham - not now. Then came my fatal error - I returned it by Royal Mail air mail. Should have sent it tracked/insured & signed for. They haven't got it. So now I have to wait until Feb 14th - then they will think about it. Two 'kin months before they declare it 'lost'. The reason I sent it air mail (untracked) was to save them money. Mistake.

This really is a Yodel problem, not a Gearbest problem. Hopefully soon GB will find a new courier to use, Yodel have cost them a fair bit of late and caused upset to lots of GB customers. Hope things come right soon.
With regard to GB saying wait till such a date, this is a common thing, fasttech, 2fdeal and other vendors from China all do it, why because it is in their interest. imagine refunding then the goods turn up a week or 2 later. Company out of pocket and how many honest buyers are going to return the refund.
I am waiting for a wasp nano from 2fdeal shipped Dec 5th, tracking says its in UK and 13/1/2018 ready to hand over. But i still have not got it. The latest it should arrive is Wednesday. This was sent via Lao post, hopefully i never get another Lao posted item this is now 8 weeks.

This really is a Yodel problem, not a Gearbest problem. Hopefully soon GB will find a new courier to use, Yodel have cost them a fair bit of late and caused upset to lots of GB customers. Hope things come right soon.
With regard to GB saying wait till such a date, this is a common thing, fasttech, 2fdeal and other vendors from China all do it, why because it is in their interest. imagine refunding then the goods turn up a week or 2 later. Company out of pocket and how many honest buyers are going to return the refund.
I am waiting for a wasp nano from 2fdeal shipped Dec 5th, tracking says its in UK and 13/1/2018 ready to hand over. But i still have not got it. The latest it should arrive is Wednesday. This was sent via Lao post, hopefully i never get another Lao posted item this is now 8 weeks.

And that right there is when you get PayPal involved, they take ZERO prisoners and will refund your dollars if the tracking is dormant for a set amount of time. Just a heads up to you guys ;)

I really don't see how this can all be down to Yodel. In most cases their tracking shows they haven't yet received the goods. For this to all be Yodel's fault it would mean they have received goods and sat on them for literally weeks without updating their tracking. That's doesn't make any sense to me. Yodel only take responsibility once they receive the goods in the UK. It seems to me the problem is on the other side and for some unknown reason there appears to be incredibly long delays in Yodel receiving the goods. I just can't see Yodel filling their warehouses with thousands of parcels and leaving them there for weeks and even months all the while claiming they haven't received them yet. That doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited:
I really don't see how this can all be down to Yodel. In most cases their tracking shows they haven't yet received the goods. For this to all be Yodel's fault it would mean they have received goods and sat on them for literally weeks without updating their tracking. That's doesn't make any sense to me. Yodel only take responsibility once they receive the goods in the UK. It seems to me the problem is on the other side and for some unknown reason there appears to be incredibly long delays in Yodel receiving the goods. I just can't see Yodel filling their warehouses with thousands of parcels and leaving them there for weeks and even months all the while claiming they haven't received them yet. That doesn't make sense to me.
I mentioned this a while back. There had been problems with whomever ships goods across to UK. So yes i somewhat agree blaming just Yodel maybe wrong, what i should have said was it is down to the shipping chain, iethose responsible for the pre UK part of shipping. Maybe they went bust, maybe they have nicked a load of parcels, maybe they had so much stuff to ship they dumped some of it or still have it but keep putting recent shipments through instead of getting the backlog down. If GB, FT or whoever say that the item has shipped then it usually has, not saying 100% but usually. Some vendors get the tracking number pre ship which is why you get delayed tracking at times. None of us know the full story behind how things operate. All we can do is hope things improve

Regarding Yodel tracking numbers they usually begin with jjd or jd. the jjd ones never have a way to track until yodel receives. jd's are more trackable. Crazy i know but that is the truth of it.

I mentioned this a while back. There had been problems with whomever ships goods across to UK. So yes i somewhat agree blaming just Yodel maybe wrong, what i should have said was it is down to the shipping chain, iethose responsible for the pre UK part of shipping. Maybe they went bust, maybe they have nicked a load of parcels, maybe they had so much stuff to ship they dumped some of it or still have it but keep putting recent shipments through instead of getting the backlog down. If GB, FT or whoever say that the item has shipped then it usually has, not saying 100% but usually. Some vendors get the tracking number pre ship which is why you get delayed tracking at times. None of us know the full story behind how things operate. All we can do is hope things improve
Absolutely, I agree. I have no doubt whatsoever that GB ship the stuff when they say they do. The fact that I was offered only one shipping method for both of my last two orders leads me to believe there are serious issues with the Chinese leg of the shipping chain. Originally I thought it may be Chinese customs cracking down on airmail. But I don't see how when FT and 3fV can still get their goods delivered within a week.

I hope they sort it out soon. They're a fantastic vendor and it saddens me that they are losing so many customers as a result of it. I will use them again for sure once they sort out their shipping options. But unfortunately many won't.

Last edited:
Still, my previous order was by China Mail and it took about three-four weeks to arrive, and it was shipped about 12 days before the last one which I still haven't received. What I am saying is that Chinese mail seemed to work OK.

No idea if this is any help, but I logged in today & checked & 'Priority line' and other shipping options
are available again. i.e: not just 'Train' (unless 'Priority line' is a some kind of faux urgent train service etc)

No idea if this is any help, but I logged in today & checked & 'Priority line' and other shipping options
are available again. i.e: not just 'Train' (unless 'Priority line' is a some kind of faux urgent train service etc)
Thank God for that! And you are indeed correct. Just had a peek and it's back and no train in sight! Whoop whoop!!! Now if only I could go back and undo my last 3 order that are choo chooing along somewhere in Eastern Europe right now!

Back
Top Bottom