What's new

Random emails for other people

Aye, I understand that they would fall under the scope of the legislation, what I think might not be clear is how any sort of measure would be enforced against gearbest, as opposed to your example of microsoft where it’s quite clear how it would work. Gearbest don’t have any presence in Europe and sell stuff online from China.

Yeah. I think enforcement will be difficult for a while.

Although it's not out of the realm of possibility that the EU could impose political penalities such as trade sanctions and the like on Chinese imports unless Chinese companies in general agree to be subject to the EU's supervisory authorities.

Personally (and I know this is veering wildly off topic now), I think the GDPR is an absolutely fantastic piece of legislation, despite the various vague parts, the ongoing questions about enforcement, and that It's swallowed several months of my working life that I'm not going to get back.

I'm properly pleased to see someone giving a shit about data privacy, it's about time Governments did something positive rather than carry on trying to break the internet for everybody by insisting that you can backdoor encryption without letting the bad guys know.

Back
Top Bottom