What's new

NAMED AND SHAMED..... GEARBEST SCAMMING CUSTOMERS AGAIN

"Annoyance of a PayPal claim"? Bottom line is that the PayPal case has nothing to do with them refunding points or wallet credit because PayPal have absolutely no authority what-so-ever over anything other than money sent via PayPal. Once the PayPal payment is refunded keeping the case open or closing it - it makes zero difference to GB as far as your points or wallet credits go. Other than what they said in that they can't refund them whilst a case is open. Forgive me if I'm wrong but it seems that keeping the case open is not for any real practical purpose but is basically just a statement to show your displeasure. I just don't see the point of that because it serves no practical purpose but potentially delays a resolution. If they're gonna screw you they're gonna screw you. Once you've been refunded by PayPal having the case remain open is meaningless and only consistutes another hurdle to them resolving the issue. If I receive something in writing then that's good enough for me.

As stated in another post - they're on holiday at the moment. Wait till that's over, shoot them an email or open a live chat telling them what they've agreed and the claim has been closed as they requested and I'm sure they'll release your wallet credits.

No, I've never been "fucked over" by any of the big Chinese suppliers. They've always sorted me out very satisfactorily. Maybe I'm just lucky.

1. the case was opened way before the "holiday started", on the 14th september to be exact
2. i had not been refunded by paypal, the funds USED from paypal had been refunded to my gb wallet as they usually do but they were unavailable due to the paypal case
3. yes, they can refund points and the wallet funds whilst a paypal case is open, they have done it before a few times so that is bullshit
4. with a paypal case open it means their funds are on hold too which gets the ball rolling.... usually.

it is now all sorted but i am not going to thank them for something they should have done in the first place.
so, thanks for your "input" anyway

1. the case was opened way before the "holiday started", on the 14th september to be exact
2. i had not been refunded by paypal, the funds USED from paypal had been refunded to my gb wallet as they usually do but they were unavailable due to the paypal case
3. yes, they can refund points and the wallet funds whilst a paypal case is open, they have done it before a few times so that is bullshit
4. with a paypal case open it means their funds are on hold too which gets the ball rolling.... usually.

it is now all sorted but i am not going to thank them for something they should have done in the first place.
so, thanks for your "input" anyway

Ahh, well that is very different then. The original post gave the impression (to me at least) that your original PayPal payment had been refunded...via PayPal. And you were just waitng for the rest of the payment to be credited back to your wallet and points balance. If the funds paid via PP were refunded to a different place, ie, a wallet, and only partially - then of course you should not close they case until you have been refunded entirely. That's a very different situation.

Glad it's sorted anyway.

Back
Top Bottom