What's new

One and a half million

Sorry all, not forgotten this. VF and upcoming holiday has squeezed what little time I already have. Will be on this today. Just need @OccultScientist's higher database geek levels to sort me out :D

Jeez, not doing this shit again. How hard should it be to work out the 1.5 millionth post? OK, so we have a hidden mods forum that doesn't count to the post total. We have deleted posts and threads that are in the database still but don't count to the post count on the home page of the forum. In my usual "this will be easy" style I thought this would be a piece of piss, there will be a simple DB lookup somewhere to take this shit together and spit out the magic number. No. A bunch of very loose and obfuscated PHP functions and we are still none the wiser.

So in the pursuit of honesty and transparency this is what I did. Post count this morning on the homepage was 1,504,XXX the number of posts in the database is 1,538,XXX so what I did was take the 4,XXX from the 1,538,XXX to end up with post ID 1,557,519:
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...-ceto-rda-by-cthulhu-mod.143403/#post-1557519

A post in the comps forum helping someone else to enter a competition :D Nice one @Timwis - ping me your address over and I will get the gear in the post to you!

Thanks to all of you who entered, will be getting around to some more comps again very soon...

congrats @Timwis
Nice one, @junglist. Ohhhh, and please, please, please, pretty please can we do it again? Watching the Admins get egg on their faces is the best bit of the fun :18:

lol congrats @Timwis

Good competition definitely thought it was reached an hour before that was posted but I guess it was super hard to work out.

Definitely shouldn't give up on these type of milestone comps maybe do as someone else suggested and not announce it until the milestone is passed.

Only fair timwis put in some serious effort. Well done buddy. It all happened far to early in the morning for me.
Nice one.

Back
Top Bottom