What's new

One and a half million

I think any future competitions should be the old school way, put all interested in a cage and have a fight to the death, would be so much simpler :)

I think, for any future milestones, they should not announce a giveaway at all, they should just make a post AFTER the milestone is reached, saying "Hey guys, we just (insert milestone here), but we will not be announcing who the lucky poster was for a week, just to see who goes nuts."

Or.... announce a mystery word giveaway, where an obscure word is chosen but kept secret and the first poster who uses that word in their post wins a prize.. and see how many people start using archaic terms in their posts. Could be fun, that one!

:)

Why because i saw it was 13 short when i woke up when this all thread was counting it down or because i know there's a delay and it goes up in groups of posts when that's just there for everyone to see and i thought would be common knowledge, this whole thread seems full of people who were and still are taking it seriously. My name is mentioned time after time and i can make a post in response would of thought that would be the end of it. But although @mattyk2010 is nice and there are others where he is wrong is there's a lot of not very nice people on here. I can't understand why you needed to respond to my post other than nastiness.
been on here years didnt even know there was a counter and yet you not only know where it is where its at in its count and not only that you then have analysed how it counts and at what intervals............... so which part of me saying you have taken it seriously is incorrect?........ you said way back in the thread that youre a sucker for a comp i wonder how many comps that would be? Dont get me wrong comps are cool and ive been lucky enough to be the beneficiary a some myself over the years but i wouldnt ever think of entering them in a serial manner no one round here really does
Maybe people arent so much having a go but trying to put your brakes on? You seem very defensive about apes stating the obvious(and it is kinda obvious) ask yourself why that is?
Now you seem like a canny enough lad you contribute elsewhere which is the name of the game really but ask yourself why people are calling you out a bit? I look at the first 20 comps and I feel slightly cheeky that ive entered 6 of them and wonder if it looks a bit grabby how many have you entered?
You are fairly new around here and maybe fairly new to vaping in general so i can appreciate how its easy to get caught up and while the posts calling you out are a little tongue in cheek they do Im sure you will agree have an element of truth in them ?

Now you could take this rambling discourse as me having a go and react accordingly, but you would be wrong as that isnt its intention as ive said you seem like a canny enough lad but ask yourself if maybe you have unwittingly got yourself a rep regarding the comps??

Just sayin'

been on here years didnt even know there was a counter and yet you not only know where it is where its at in its count and not only that you then have analysed how it counts and at what intervals............... so which part of me saying you have taken it seriously is incorrect?........ you said way back in the thread that youre a sucker for a comp i wonder how many comps that would be? Dont get me wrong comps are cool and ive been lucky enough to be the beneficiary a some myself over the years but i wouldnt ever think of entering them in a serial manner no one round here really does
Maybe people arent so much having a go but trying to put your brakes on? You seem very defensive about apes stating the obvious(and it is kinda obvious) ask yourself why that is?
Now you seem like a canny enough lad you contribute elsewhere which is the name of the game really but ask yourself why people are calling you out a bit? I look at the first 20 comps and I feel slightly cheeky that ive entered 6 of them and wonder if it looks a bit grabby how many have you entered?
You are fairly new around here and maybe fairly new to vaping in general so i can appreciate how its easy to get caught up and while the posts calling you out are a little tongue in cheek they do Im sure you will agree have an element of truth in them ?

Now you could take this rambling discourse as me having a go and react accordingly, but you would be wrong as that isnt its intention as ive said you seem like a canny enough lad but ask yourself if maybe you have unwittingly got yourself a rep regarding the comps??

Just sayin'
The counter isn't exactly hidden it's right there under where it tells you who is online and as for it going up in groups i noticed that ages ago but couldn't tell you how many mins it is. The competitions are there to be entered and people enter some of them or like me (and others) most of them and i fail to see what business it is to you or anyone else. And i am straight there to congratulate the winner.

The counter isn't exactly hidden it's right there under where it tells you who is online and as for it going up in groups i noticed that ages ago but couldn't tell you how many mins it is. The competitions are there to be entered and people enter some of them or like me (and others) most of them and i fail to see what business it is to you or anyone else. And i am straight there to congratulate the winner.
**sigh**
please yourself......... but its an open forum and it is everyone who wants it to be's business there isnt any special dispensation for anyone. I was offering some gentle advice and as I said it was entirely up to you how you chose to take it? The anonymous nature of the place means that our reputation is determined entirely by our posting behaviour we dont get to mitigate

Wow, disappear for a couple of days, and what I thought was an exciting countdown to a big milestone (with prizes for the lucky poster) has turned into a bit of a proverbial muck chucking thread.

Now I may be a bit of a greenhorn to the forums, and I am a sucker for a good giveaway, but that's what they're there for. Throw your name in a hat and cross your fingers. If you want to enter every single one, go for it and hope you get a good hand (so to speak). If you don't, or you think it's a bit "grabby", then don't.

Let's be civilised, we're all here for the same thing, sharing the vaping knowledge and experience [emoji4]

Let's be civilised, we're all here for the same thing, sharing the vaping knowledge and experience [emoji4]

Ah but here is the point, there are people on this forum and every other who aren't here to share the vaping knowledge and experience

They are simply here to try and get something for nothing

But alas this is life

Ah but here is the point, there are people on this forum and every other who aren't here to share the vaping knowledge and experience

They are simply here to try and get something for nothing

But alas this is life
True...very true unfortunately. Make the quota to qualify for the comps then just be a sponging grabby gremlin. My post count isn't much, but I was a long time lurker looking at help threads before I got actively involved. Bit like a bearded gollum haha! [emoji16]

The competitions are there to be entered and people enter some of them or like me (and others) most of them and i fail to see what business it is to you or anyone else.
This quote will follow you for the rest of your time on potv.
Reputations take a long time to build, and seconds to destroy.

Back
Top Bottom