What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Expo ticket code

Does anybody know which is closet rail station to the NEC is, and if indeed there is a direct passgae to it, from south west wales! I have looked, but doesn't seem to be. New street station appears to be only one..and that's miles away from the NEC.

IMG_2338.JPG

Does anybody know which is closet rail station to the NEC is, and if indeed there is a direct passgae to it, from south west wales! I have looked, but doesn't seem to be. New street station appears to be only one..and that's miles away from the NEC.

IMG_2340.JPG
might take most of the day tho [emoji23]

You’d need to get to Birmingham international, I would imagine there is a train from New st to there

Heya, yes i've just found out that there is that international station. According to the travel plan, i would need to switch trains at new street. I recall some 20 years ago....i got lost in New Street station for 2 hours..trying to find the way out of there!!! It's not a small station is it?! Here in rural wales....the most platforms i've ever seen at any rural welsh station, is 2!

Anyway....i can get a train from Tenby at 7.11am Saturday, to arrive at the international station 13.13pm. 10 min taxi drive to a B&b i found that's 4 mins from the NEC, so i won't get time at the Expo on Saturday..but can stick around on Sunday till about 1pm, all for £60.70. Dunno how much the room will cost yet.

I'll bring a crossword or two with me, for the journey both ways! 5 hours..sheesh!

Last edited:
Anybody booked at room at Homelea B&B? Just found them, 4 miles from the NEC, can do single rooms from £25 a night. Trip adviser rating very high! Guess that would my chioce..if i'm still going! I can walk from the station to the NEC, probs need a taxi (or a lift), if anybody else is staying there.

http://www.homelea.info/roomrates.asp

Slowly putting the pieces together!

Looking likely i'll be coming..just as soon as i've booked everything. Nick Humphrey also has tickets, 4 of them apparently..so i'v asked him if he has code for a Saturday pass available, as i'll be coming up on Friday afternoon, most likely.

And me bunk up hotel is most likely to be either the Homelea Guest House, or the Travel Lodge at Sheldon.....if anybody else staying at those places. I know Tootingyoda is staying at the Sheldon..so i'm angling towards that place.

I'll confirm once all the pieces are in place.

I haven't yet checked out pub or grub house yet.....cos i ain't eating out of a cardboard box at the Sheldon! Not at £10.50, i ain't! :D

@Deaf Vaper There's a Toby next door to the Travelodge & the usual curry houses nearby. Trying to find out if there's any social meets but feel they'll be at the hotels on the NEC as guessing that's where most of the vendors will be. Perhaps @OccultScientist can disclose who's hosting the gin parties :D

@Deaf Vaper There's a Toby next door to the Travelodge & the usual curry houses nearby. Trying to find out if there's any social meets but feel they'll be at the hotels on the NEC as guessing that's where most of the vendors will be. Perhaps @OccultScientist can disclose who's hosting the gin parties :D

Never been in a Toby before..but love a curry! Occult can keep the gin to himself..i'm a ale drinker myself! And on that note...... i'm shall be coming along folks....so if some kind soul could furnish me with a ticket for a saturday pass at the expo, there'll be a pint or two in it, for that person! Thank you! :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom