What's new

*Completed* Faulty/temperamental Yihi SX mini M class.

stevoknevo

Achiever
*Backstory* my bastarding Snapdragon v1.5 had a slow leak from the 510 pin and the first I became aware of it was a slight weep of liquid out of the bottom of the SX mini then it immediately started playing up. Gutted, it was a firm favourite and I loved this mod - I took it apart and the board seemed dry but it wasn't working properly at all and stuck it in the cupboard - tried it again a couple of months later and it would work for 2-3 mls through a tank then go screwy by either - fire button wouldn't work or increasing the wattage arbitrarily, I'd remove and refit the battery and it wouldn't turn on at all, or it would go through the boot process but couldn't do 5 clicks to turn it on. Literally haven't looked at it for 4-5 months but it turned straight on today, turned off okay, removed refitted battery and it started okay?

If you're handy with a soldering iron you could maybe desolder and refit the board and see if it sorts it, but it's offered strictly as spares or repair. Fully boxed with a genuine blue silicone sleeve, lot of wear on the mod sleeve as per with these but in pretty good condition otherwise, and the battery caps are utter dogshit on what was a rather pricy mod - I used a 20p to finagle it on, there's one of those in the box too!

Cover the £3.90 for postage and it's yours [emoji106]
IMG_20191122_140951.jpeg
IMG_20191122_141022.jpeg
IMG_20191122_141015.jpeg
IMG_20191122_141005.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a faulty one with a dead screen so I might be able to use it as an organ donor.

It will also give me a chance to see if the chassis will polish up bare metal.

Can I take this please?

I have a faulty one with a dead screen so I might be able to use it as an organ donor.

It will also give me a chance to see if the chassis will polish up bare metal.

Can I take this please?
Hopefully you can get a working one from the two? The chassis on this is in pretty damn good nick, only a couple of rubs on it really, just the sleeve that let's it down, and the 510 platform is excellent condition too - PM incoming [emoji106]

Sorry @Rob me ol' mate, didn't think there'd have been much interest or I'd have made a list :(

What a great place this is, gives you a nice warm feeling when people on here are kind and helpful.

Back
Top Bottom