What's new

choosing the right flavour

VapeWild

Premium Vendor
ChoosingFlavour_VW_EU_Blog.jpg

CHOOSING THE RIGHT FLAVOUR BLOG

I have had the pleasure of working for this company almost since its birth. It has afforded me the opportunity to sell our high-quality products all over the world to a multitude of vapers. The most important lesson I learned in my travels to vape conventions is that taste, like a lot of things, is truly subjective.

Everyone has a different palate, different likes, different tastes. What works for you may not work for the next person. And that’s totally fine. Getting new vapers to understand this is like teaching complex quadratic equations to toddlers. Time and time again, I’ve seen it at vape shops, conventions, online, the forum doesn’t matter. Vapers always ask the dreaded question, “so whaddaya got that’s good?”. As if you can answer something so complex. Let’s go over some key points to remember when selecting your flavours.

What Do You Like to Eat?

I know this sounds like a crazy question. But I promise it is key in identifying what flavour profile and category to choose. If you’ve never been a fan of fruity candies, much like me, you may want to avoid the candy selections of a line. Not too big on fruits? Seems fairly simple to not buy a flavour simply because two other people said it was the best thing they’ve ever tried. If you’re like me, I automatically knew I loved eating desserts (a weakness vaping has helped me tame, by the way) so I naturally gravitated toward those flavours. I quickly fell in love and knew that I’d try any dessert from any line, that was my vaping happy place. Think about the foods you eat daily and then think what types of things you wouldn’t mind tasting occasionally throughout the day.

Have an Open Mind

There are thousands of e-liquid vendors out there. Literally. It will make your head spin trying to decide who to order from. With so many options out there, it’s best to do some research on a brand and their reviews before you spend your hard-earned money on it. Most larger companies have mixologists on deck to come up with precise and complex flavour profiles for the more discerning palates out there. So don’t be surprised if you stumble upon a bottle of homemade, hand-dipped molasses and fresh honeycomb honey blended with 12 year aged whiskey tones and a hint of vanilla. Know that not all companies are made the same and tastes will vary from brand to brand. Once you find your sweet spot, stick with it.

Devices Make All the Difference

I don’t care what anyone tells you, if you don’t update your hardware from time to time, you e-liquids will begin to morph into a flavour you no longer like. Factor in things like steeping and heat and cold and the flavour can significantly change over time. Not only that, but flavour compositions tend to change between using an RDA and a tank. Don’t be afraid to spend a little more on a better device so you can fully reap the benefits of a really good flavour. It makes all the difference.

Be Adventurous!

Listen, don’t stress yourself out too much about finding a flavour that works for you. It helps to get the opinion of others but at the end of the day, it’s truly all about what you prefer. With that being said, don’t be afraid to step outside of the box and try something new! There’s a ton of flavors out there from as simple as vanilla to as complex as a bourbon tobacco blend that’s sweet and even novelty flavors like pepper and pizza! Don’t jump in the deep end your first time in but if you know you prefer fruits only, try a fruity dessert, like a strawberry cheesecake or lemon poundcake. You may discover that your tastes have changed.

Overall, no opinion matters more than your own. In all the vaping forums I’ve visited and chat rooms and social media pages, I find that people will rhapsodise about a particular flavour they love and out of pure curiosity I’ll try it, hate it, and be mad that I was swayed so much by public opinion. But I’ve been on the flipside of that coin as well and fell in love with a flavour based on word of mouth too. It’s a never-ending ebb and flow. The important thing is that you find what works for you and keep blowing those sweet, sweet clouds!

POST COMMENTS

It's not just about what you like though. I have found that it's highly dependent on the company as well. Right now, I am obsessed with E-Luxe (https://theeliquidboutique.co.uk/). Their flavours are super realistic and insanely smooth. I currently have their Cherry Ice flavour in my pen and it's the most refreshing thing I have come across yet. Cherry flavours, I have found, tend to come out tasting medicinal (thanks, cough syrup), but Cherry Ice tastes like fresh cherries?? Like, I didn't know that a cherry could be replicated so well, especially in an e-liquid. I literally have zero knowledge regarding the science behind making these e-liquids, but this one tastes like they juiced some fresh picked cherries and then added muddled mint leaves to it. It's just crazy good.

Back
Top Bottom