What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Will you go to the pub

Are you going to the pub

• Yes I’m all over it

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • No it’s too risky

Votes: 25 43.1%
  • Hmmmmmmm.... Banana ?

Votes: 26 44.8%

• Total voters
Fuck me mate, as much as I like a pint there is no way I could make it 2 miles with my knackered legs.

I could get a bus, it's a fiver for a day rider ticket, bollocks to that. I'll walk it, I don't have much money, beer is dear enough and my theory is that if I walk I can work a pints worth of calories off, getting there and back.

Was it your choice to sit outside ? or was it one of the pubs that will serve people, but only outside ?

First time in the place since 1997, table service only, lovely landlady, barmaid stuck me near the bogs, with the bog doors open, on a hard wooden high stall. Within 30 secs the landlady was over and redirected me to a comfortable cushioned chair and table, on my tod. I chain vape when I drink, so I'll always be outside, weather and venue permitting, besides, the pub was full of raucous West Ham fans! (game on tv). Landlady even remembered my name from the one beer takeaway I purchased during lockdown ages ago, and that I drunk only stout, porters and old ales. I will be going back, she's an expert. Better than spoons, worth the extra dollars, and it's not a hipster joint either.

Several pubs in England close after positive coronavirus tests

At least three premises say they will shut after staff or customers contract virus.

At least three pubs in England that reopened their doors for the first time on Saturday have been forced to close again after customers or staff tested positive for Covid-19.

The Lighthouse Kitchen and Carvery in Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset, said a customer had tested positive and it was making its way through a list of people who were in the premises on Saturday.

In a statement posted on Facebook, it said: “This isn’t the message we wanted to write so soon but The Lighthouse will be closed due to a customer testing positive. We are slowly getting through our list of customers that were in the pub on Saturday. All our staff are going to be tested and we will reopen when the time is safe to do so.”

Also in Burnham, Indian takeaway Saagar said it would be closing until Friday to undergo a deep clean after one of its drivers had been to the Lighthouse Kitchen, along with the Vape Escape bar, which has also closed for a full clean after a customer’s positive test.

The Fox and Hounds in Batley, West Yorkshire, said it would be closed until further notice after receiving a call from a customer on Monday to say they had tested positive for coronavirus.

The Village Home pub in Alverstoke near Gosport, Hampshire, said it had also “had a case of coronavirus in the pub”, adding that “some of us are in isolation”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ngland-close-after-positive-coronavirus-tests

Had a few cheeky pints yesterday afternoon down the local, first time I'd seen any of my pals for 5 months, really enjoyed it

Wasn't much different to the norm really, it's a quiet pub anyway so social distancing isn't an issue, signs up, hand sanitiser. I know the landlady so she has my details for track n' trace

We sat outside & talked bollox for a few hours, was bloody good fun

Had a few cheeky pints yesterday afternoon down the local, first time I'd seen any of my pals for 5 months, really enjoyed it

Wasn't much different to the norm really, it's a quiet pub anyway so social distancing isn't an issue, signs up, hand sanitiser. I know the landlady so she has my details for track n' trace

We sat outside & talked bollox for a few hours, was bloody good fun

Outside is probably fine, inside the pubs is a breeding ground. As for the publicly funded feeding frenzy, well, it's just state sponsored gluttony and greed.

Went yesterday, first time there had been more than a handful & they said from today it will be packed. I wont be one of them.

Back
Top Bottom