What's new

Who's had it, how was it, and how are you?

andipandi

Legend
Who's had covid, what variant did you have/ think you had, how was it for you, have you suffered from long covid and how are you today?

I had Delta, I enjoyed the perverse fever, it felt like being cleansed, which of course is the idea of a fever. I also felt (temporarily) cleansed, above and beyond the covid aspect, it was weird.

I have some long covid going on, but at a lesser level than another ape. Long covid is the cunt that gets you, just when you think it's a done deal, and you've survived, it comes along and fucks you up.

I think I had the Alpha variant in mid-March 2020. I can’t be sure as you could only get tests if you were in hospital at the time. I had flu-like aches and a mild fever for a few days, a sore throat, and a very heavy cold for several days. I was also unusually tired for about a week, and couldn’t taste my eliquid at all for about 2 weeks (I’ve never experienced that before). It messed with my mental health badly too - sent me into an awful depressive spiral, but that is something I know happens to me when I get a virus. I’ll never know if it was Covid - if it wasn’t, it was the worst virus I’d had in about 5 years.

Hey Andi

Good thread as its nice to share and read about others experiences, at least u feel like you are not alone.

Well most know I caught it from my family in Oct, symptoms started on 20th Oct LF positive on 22nd PCR on 23rd. Delta variant

Felt shite, no fever, no cough but a cold, body aches, tiredness and headaches plus the breathing issues. Lasted about 2 weeks like that then got a chest infection so went on 2 lots of antibiotics over 10 days.
Then a urine infection twice. Since my initial covid I have now been told I have long covid. As previously shared my main symptoms have been a variations of these:
Fatigue, at times severe
Lack of concentration
Very low mood and anxiety
Nausea
No appetite
Lack of taste and smell (thats improved)
Generally feeling shit

In total now I've had 5 lots of different antibiotics for initial covid, uti and then a sinus infection just b4 Christmas. They now think i had Omnicron too the week of chrimbo based on new symptoms since.

Dr referring me to a covid centre for tests, not too sure what can be done tbh as everywhere states that its just time, could be months could be over a year!
FML, its sucks big time, u have a few good days and then u spiral downwards and then have some really shit ones. Most people don't understand how debilitating it can be. I feel like a shadow of myself. So i enjoy the good days and push through the bad with the help of good friends.

AREmoji_20220118_001020_26727.gif

As far as I know I've never had it and considering I've been working throughout the whole thing that's very very strange.

Had it at the tail end of last year... no cough or breathing issues, just felt like a dose of the flu. Worst part about it was loss of taste and smell which lasted a few weeks. All back to normal now... although I am full of cold at the moment, but thankfully testing negative.

I've never officially had Covid, but I was really ill just before it all kicked off

I'll never forget it, broke up from work for Christmas in 2019, went to the supermarket after to get beers & supplies & there was this rather large lady hacking her lungs up, not covering her mouth. Thought "I'll have to keep away from her, I don't want a cold over Christmas" Few minutes later, I'm oggling the cheeses & I hear the cough in close proximity, look to my right & she's stood two feet away. Awesome

Anyway, Christmas went as planned, had a raging hangover Boxing Day, felt like crap but it was deserved. then the 27th came & still felt awful. Headache, aching all over & feeling wiped out mainly then the cough started. I spent the rest of my Christmas & New Year break lying on the settee feeling like death warmed up. I saw in 2020 just lying there. I was sure I had flu, I never had a fever but every other symptom so I just thought I'd had a really bad cold

I'm not an "ill" person, I don't get ill *touches wood, the odd cold here & there, yeah, but nothing that floors me. I remember I started feeling better on my Birthday, January 7th

Then, when, February? The Covid pandemic all kicked off. I was never tested for it but I'm 99% sure I'd had Covid

Since then, I've somehow not caught it, obviously, I've been cautious the whole time but last Christmas Eve & Christmas Day, 7 of the people I was with tested positive within 2 days. Not sure if I dodged a bullet or I'd built up some immunity from that two week spell in 19/20

I've never officially had Covid, but I was really ill just before it all kicked off

I'll never forget it, broke up from work for Christmas in 2019, went to the supermarket after to get beers & supplies & there was this rather large lady hacking her lungs up, not covering her mouth. Thought "I'll have to keep away from her, I don't want a cold over Christmas" Few minutes later, I'm oggling the cheeses & I hear the cough in close proximity, look to my right & she's stood two feet away. Awesome

Anyway, Christmas went as planned, had a raging hangover Boxing Day, felt like crap but it was deserved. then the 27th came & still felt awful. Headache, aching all over & feeling wiped out mainly then the cough started. I spent the rest of my Christmas & New Year break lying on the settee feeling like death warmed up. I saw in 2020 just lying there. I was sure I had flu, I never had a fever but every other symptom so I just thought I'd had a really bad cold

I'm not an "ill" person, I don't get ill *touches wood, the odd cold here & there, yeah, but nothing that floors me. I remember I started feeling better on my Birthday, January 7th

Then, when, February? The Covid pandemic all kicked off. I was never tested for it but I'm 99% sure I'd had Covid

Since then, I've somehow not caught it, obviously, I've been cautious the whole time but last Christmas Eve & Christmas Day, 7 of the people I was with tested positive within 2 days. Not sure if I dodged a bullet or I'd built up some immunity from that two week spell in 19/20
I had almost exactly the same thing over Christmas 2019/2020, and a colleague had just got back from Singapore. No idea if I did have it ......... nothing since.

Severely disappointed with the thread title and then content. I feel lied to. Here was me expecting sexy tales. What a load of disappointment.

I had almost exactly the same thing over Christmas 2019/2020, and a colleague had just got back from Singapore. No idea if I did have it ......... nothing since.

For all I know, she was restocking after her trip to Wuhan :18:

A lot of people I've spoken to had bad colds or flu at the tail of end 2019, going in to 2020. I guess we'll never know

For a long time I thought I hadn't had the disease, but after I was tested for antibodies, it turned out that I had already had it. But I didn't even realize it because I didn't have any symptoms.

Back
Top Bottom