What's new

Where's Boris?

I think there are quite a few now making PPE, but it's taken time to set up.

China can build a hospital in 9 days and the UK needs how long to get a factory running.
The general public were knocking out stuff on 3d printers, how hard can it be ?

China can build a hospital in 9 days and the UK needs how long to get a factory running.
The general public were knocking out stuff on 3d printers, how hard can it be ?
Seems easy from our point of view doesn’t it?
I actually wonder just how hard it must be in reality - not just PPE - but supply chains, advice, decisions - managing this crisis must be a totally gargantuan and mammoth task - for us looking at individual sections of it and wondering why that’s not got sorted yet (and of course it should be) I wonder just how complicated and daunting this whole thing must be when seen as a whole - a very difficult task no matter who is in charge I suspect.

Also - we built several very large hospitals in not much longer than that

Last edited:
I bought 12 one and a half litre bottles of Strongbow vintage cider to make face masks out of the empties,i'm (hic) doing my (hic) bit.
UPDATE
I can't see how the fcuk i'm going to make a model of Tracey Island out of these.

Seems easy from our point of view doesn’t it?
I actually wonder just how hard it must be in reality - not just PPE - but supply chains, advice, decisions - managing this crisis must be a totally gargantuan and mammoth task - for us looking at individual sections of it and wondering why that’s not got sorted yet (and of course it should be) I wonder just how complicated and daunting this whole thing must be when seen as a whole - a very difficult task no matter who is in charge I suspect.

Also - we built several very large hospitals in lot much longer than that
Just obtaining a regular supply of ppe during this time when the world needs more than can be produced is a phenomenal achievement. So phenomenal I do worry what diplomatic deals for the future have been struck to keep this little island at the top of the feed pack.
We're about to hit the pivot point now where the attitude of "whatever it takes" switches to a sea of woe for the future .
It's going to be a strange few years.

Just obtaining a regular supply of ppe during this time when the world needs more than can be produced is a phenomenal achievement. So phenomenal I do worry what diplomatic deals for the future have been struck to keep this little island at the top of the feed pack.
We're about to hit the pivot point now where the attitude of "whatever it takes" switches to a sea of woe for the future .
It's going to be a strange few years.
You are not wrong at all

So he pops into parliament for a few hours each morning but leaves the address to the nation to his lackeys.
Pretty poor really!

ppe sends me nuts the policy and procedures are "guided by the science" not common sense so I wear a face shield gown gloves boot covers but I cant wear goggles as they are two small the area to doff the stuff is said to be in the room apart from the mask, but when I said "ok so I take the stuff off in the room with the infection" "errrrr yes it's guided by the science"....and the goggles I can't use them because I need glasses to read the mars or shall I just guess the meds...."errrrr well it's guided by the science" and my hair what do I put on my head......." we haven't got them..... we are guided by the science"

the science guiding thing/expression needs to be taken to a big empty field and shot

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom