What's new

Where's Boris?

Mr Ripple

Legend
ELlQDVHXkAA9IFM.jpg

If I hear "We have taken the right steps at the right time to combat it, guided at all times by the best scientific advice, to protect the NHS and save lives.” one more time, from Boris or from anyone else ............... :guns::gunban: :banghead:

https://www.channel4.com/news/revealed-ppe-stockpile-was-out-of-date-when-coronavirus-hit-uk
Theres more to this too.
I posted an article on the storage and distribution of said out of date ppe a while back and the company used to distribute was in dispute with the landlord of the warehouse so couldn't actually access it.
You couldn't write this stuff :thud:

Theres more to this too.
I posted an article on the storage and distribution of said out of date ppe a while back and the company used to distribute was in dispute with the landlord of the warehouse so couldn't actually access it.
You couldn't write this stuff :thud:
I remember that. :)

And no ............... you couldn't. This has become the punchline to our evening entertainment. I read some report of abysmal failure ....... and at the end we get to the Government's response ...... "We have taken the right steps at the right time to combat it, guided at all times by the best scientific advice, to protect the NHS and save lives" ........ it's become more ridiculous-sounding every day. :D

I remember that. :)

And no ............... you couldn't. This has become the punchline to our evening entertainment. I read some report of abysmal failure ....... and at the end we get to the Government's response ...... "We have taken the right steps at the right time to combat it, guided at all times by the best scientific advice, to protect the NHS and save lives" ........ it's become more ridiculous-sounding every day. :D

Aye, it’s why I was saying in another thread that people defending the government over this or denying it’s a scandal leaves me baffled.

Aye, it’s why I was saying in another thread that people defending the government over this or denying it’s a scandal leaves me baffled.
Honestly? Because I'm personally not convinced any other British government would be much better. The word 'scandal' is a bit much IMHO too. Reeks of mud-slinging. I'm interested in what might have gone wrong, you can't put things right if you don't, but not all that interested in playing the 'blame game'.

I've been put in place to fix many problems during my career and it's what I'm good at and enjoy the most about my job.
I usually identify what went wrong straight away and who is to blame beit my company or the company we are working for.
Highlighting that information until the time is right and the problem has been fixed is never proactive so it's always better to leave that to the end so as to not interfere with gaining resolve.
Once the issue is resolved a route cause analysis can be done so that lessons can be learnt.

The thing with the UK is that the people in charge will continue to strive to do the right thing and put things right when they've screwed up.

While some mistakes are undeniable and obviously shouldn't happen it's not always right to condemn before the chance is given to redeem and while that might look like the people that have made the mistakes are being defended that's not always the case.

I've been put in place to fix many problems during my career and it's what I'm good at and enjoy the most about my job.
I usually identify what went wrong straight away and who is to blame beit my company or the company we are working for.
Highlighting that information until the time is right and the problem has been fixed is never proactive so it's always better to leave that to the end so as to not interfere with gaining resolve.
Once the issue is resolved a route cause analysis can be done so that lessons can be learnt.

The thing with the UK is that the people in charge will continue to strive to do the right thing and put things right when they've screwed up.

While some mistakes are undeniable and obviously shouldn't happen it's not always right to condemn before the chance is given to redeem and while that might look like the people that have made the mistakes are being defended that's not always the case.
I work in a similar way. Not only that, if you steam in looking for 'who's to blame' rather than 'what went wrong' then everybody gets defensive and people start covering their backs instead of telling the truth. Everything then gets harder to work out and takes longer.

Back
Top Bottom