What's new

What the NHS have to put up with

Round these parts folk finish their sentences with Yeah, which I now do because I’ve been here so long.

Just a dialect thing innit.
I'm terrible for that - I only have to spend about half an hour in someone's company before I start soaking up and reflecting their speech patterns! :D

I've got a strong stomach but "You get me?" and "Oh my days!" after every sentence cuts through me like a hot knife through butter. I could quite happily throttle someone just for thinking it. :banghead:

I've got a strong stomach but "You get me?" and "Oh my days!" after every sentence cuts through me like a hot knife through butter. I could quite happily throttle someone just for thinking it. :banghead:

I "know what you mean" :18:

I "know what you mean" :18:
You know what I mean mate, you know what I mean?

It's funny coz it's true! I've been around plenty of people who would say exactly that. :rotflmao:

Imagine spending 23 hours in a cell in London listening to two people talking to each other out the window and BOTH finishing every single sentence with "you know what I mean? I've lived that madness. I was green then otherwise I'd have shouted out" I know what you fecking mean! You know what I mean?".

Love England but if I ever have to do time again, for the love of God, ship me off to Wales! "Butt" is music to my ears in comparison. :rotflmao:

Last edited:
I'm terrible for that - I only have to spend about half an hour in someone's company before I start soaking up and reflecting their speech patterns! :D

I’ve picked up an north wales twang, but you can’t ever mistake where I came from. Even 16 years later [emoji51]

And then there are those that start with "I'm not being funny, but..."

tenor.gif

no, the scottish but is very definitive. there is a high rising terminal but it’s only common among the east coasters and it’s usually an “...eh?”

after a few years up in the north east i caught myself doing the lilting “eh?” thing sometimes. had to make a conscious effort to stop it, but.

You aren’t Scottish. I’ve just listened to real Scots being interviewed on 5Live and all of them finished each sentence with “...the nooooo”.
Well i've just heard each sentence end with ''As soon as we get the money from England to pay for it...''

Back
Top Bottom