What's new

What are you really missing.

Steve.

Achiever
For me the main thing is non league football, meeting up with mate's on Saturday afternoons or Tuesday nights even the under 21s on Saturday mornings, having been a club official for many year's i have got to know hundred's of people from FA officials chairmen players fan's etc.

Now the non league season has been expunged it's going to be a very long time until we can have our banter again, this pandemic could finish a lot of clubs off, to be fair i'm missing loads of things just like everyone else, it's as though i'm a prisoner at the minute but got to abide by the rules.

STAY SAFE ALL.

I miss my parents, was due to go and see them over Easter as they live 150 miles away so won't get to see them for a good while.
I also miss the countryside, I live in an urban area and can't get for a weekend away from it all like I normally would.
I am sticking by the rules and keeping safe though.

I`m missing a hospital appointment, pub meals, F1 & peace and quiet.

Iam missing not being able to pop down my local for a pint just to get away from the wife for a hour or so.

I can honestly say I am not missing anything, I don't or can't drink and now I have quit smoking, I can't really go out with having the hippy hippy shakes due to agoraphobia which I try everyday to go out, it's easier when there is no one around and sometimes early in the morning I can cross the road onto wasteland with Jess who is a Staffy and my best mate. She is 14 now and the only time we have been apart is when I was in hospital at the beginning of the month.

Swimming pool, my back really needs some backstroke, it helps considerably with the pain in my lumbar spine / sciatica and also aids my mobility. Miss the sauna as well, hot then cold is great for pain relief and other symptomatic relief. Plus 18 months annual membership paid upfront remaining, not that that really matters right now, it's for another day month or year, if I survive this thing. Personally I dont think the leisure centre will reopen, we was due a new centre being built in the next few years, tits well and truly gone up on it all.

Business as usual for me with a bit of extra work looking after the kids too. The only thing I really miss is sport.

I'm missing going to see my mum, I used to visit her 3 times a week.

Back
Top Bottom