What's new

Tracking

I went in to my local yesterday and they give you a clipboard to sign and put your number down. I think it's fantastic, I now share a local with Daffy Duck and Mike Tyson and have my hot neighbours phone number.

not sure how they thought any kind of constant tracking was GDPR compliant. but could they not argue its in greater interest?

what the article is saying isn’t that it that it’s against the gdpr regulations for the government to collect people’s data as prt of the tracking strategy (it’s not as it’s covered by “public task carried out in the public interest”).

rather, it’s broken the gdpr regulations because they didn’t carry out an impact assessment first. that’s the legal requirement.

so i hear there was a coronavirus outbreak in one of the english coronavirus track and trace call centres (in motherwell, strangely enough). the scottish coronavirus track and trace people (nhs employees) were phoning their england service counterparts (outsourced to private sector probably cummings’ mate or gove’s second cousins or something) in the fall centre telling them to go home and self isolate.

you couldn’t make it up.

so i hear there was a coronavirus outbreak in one of the english coronavirus track and trace call centres (in motherwell, strangely enough). the scottish coronavirus track and trace people (nhs employees) were phoning their england service counterparts (outsourced to private sector probably cummings’ mate or gove’s second cousins or something) in the fall centre telling them to go home and self isolate.

you couldn’t make it up.
Linked to the pub too! :D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-53465160

The call centre in question is run by a company called Sitel. They are a company who other companies outsource call centre work to. I used to work for a company who outsourced some of their work to Sitel and I went to the local Sitel office to deliver some training. Based on that I am not surprised that there has been an issue, the management didn't give a shit about the workers, worked them all the hours they could get away with for minimum pay, treated them like shit and crammed as many people into offices as they could, basically treating them like battery chickens. From speaking to a friend recently who has done work for them things haven't changed a bit. He said, and I quote "if the HSE did a covid risk assessment right now, they'd be fucked"

Back
Top Bottom