What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Tracking Details

............ and looks like you'll have to sign in to have a poo next ............ or label it perhaps? ;)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-53635692

Call me a cynic, but I fail to see how this will work, given the stated time the virus can survive outside of a "host" body.
Plus dilution in a mass of water that is already contaminated with numerous other bacteria.
The only findings I can imagine is that our sewers are breeding a new species.
Namely the Covid Rat, never trust one unless it is wearing a face mask, and has registered it name, and mobile number with the authorities. :18:

Extract from the article.
"There are problems to be solved in order to maximise the accuracy and value of a sewage-based surveillance system: the propensity of the virus to break up when it is in water; the effect on the result of other contaminants; and how many sampling points need to be included in a UK-wide network in order to build up a useful picture of the outbreak."

Again, maybe me being cynical, but I reckon a lot of scientists, and universities are raking in a fortune out of this crisis. :)

Call me a cynic, but I fail to see how this will work, given the stated time the virus can survive outside of a "host" body.
Plus dilution in a mass of water that is already contaminated with numerous other bacteria.
The only findings I can imagine is that our sewers are breeding a new species.
Namely the Covid Rat, never trust one unless it is wearing a face mask, and has registered it name, and mobile number with the authorities. :18:

Extract from the article.
"There are problems to be solved in order to maximise the accuracy and value of a sewage-based surveillance system: the propensity of the virus to break up when it is in water; the effect on the result of other contaminants; and how many sampling points need to be included in a UK-wide network in order to build up a useful picture of the outbreak."

Again, maybe me being cynical, but I reckon a lot of scientists, and universities are raking in a fortune out of this crisis. :)

My boys (rats) are clean
They are even wearing their little face masks when they come shopping with me.

What you have there is a "gang of mates" or even just "the regulars", "the locals", "the punters".

Completely wrong mate.
A Gang - never considered myself as part of a "gang" have hated that term all of my life, always associated it with criminals, and violence, so no I do not regard myself as part of a gang of mates. :)
The Regulars - how can I be a regular when my friends, nor the bar staff know what day, or time I will arrive, so no, don't fit again. :)
The Locals - could not be farther from the truth, out of my friends, only one lives local to me, the others come from a different village, and one even lives 15 miles away in a different county, so sorry mate but that don't work either. :)
The Punters - one of my favourite definitions this, do you actually know what a punter is ?
I doubt it, unless you have worked in a "Bookmakers" the definition of a punter is someone who regularly bets, particularly on what they view as a good value bet, as in "at that price it's worth a punt" (possibly a legacy from the Irish currency the Punt) in some betting shops such as the one I worked in for many years (in the proper days before big industry) we affectionately referred to them as "Bennies" akin to cockney rhyming slang, Benny Hunter, from the old tv series Crossroads. As only two of us gamble, again you are wrong.:)

This is NOT a social bubble, regardless of what you call it. the fact you say "one to six people" confirms this.
A social bubble is a very specific thing that is exclusive, not pick and mix.

Please don't use capitals, that implies that you are shouting, very rude old boy.
Now as far as I know neither Boris, nor the government have trademarked the name "Bubble"
So if I wish to call my friends my social bubble, I am perfectly entitled to do so.
Of course I could have called them my social cloud, my social pool, my social womb, my social asylum, or any of a myriad of names, but that is my choice, not yours.

A social bubble is a very specific thing that is exclusive, not pick and mix.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52637354

where you think you are safer, or if you trust these people more or less than anyone else is completely irrelevant to what the definition of a social bubble is.

Look at your own article you posted a link for.
I have a social bubble, what you are referring to is a Support Bubble. :)

I am only trying to clarify what the official advice and definitions are, otherwise we will all be talking at cross purposes, which is no help to anyone. :)

If you say so.......................

My boys (rats) are clean
They are even wearing their little face masks when they come shopping with me.

Good to know.
But surely if they are in your pockets they must be covered by your exemption badge. :)
That' what I rely on with my bat, mind you I have warned him not to fly out of my inside jacket pocket.

Completely wrong mate.
A Gang - never considered myself as part of a "gang" have hated that term all of my life, always associated it with criminals, and violence, so no I do not regard myself as part of a gang of mates. :)
The Regulars - how can I be a regular when my friends, nor the bar staff know what day, or time I will arrive, so no, don't fit again. :)
The Locals - could not be farther from the truth, out of my friends, only one lives local to me, the others come from a different village, and one even lives 15 miles away in a different county, so sorry mate but that don't work either. :)
The Punters - one of my favourite definitions this, do you actually know what a punter is ?
I doubt it, unless you have worked in a "Bookmakers" the definition of a punter is someone who regularly bets, particularly on what they view as a good value bet, as in "at that price it's worth a punt" (possibly a legacy from the Irish currency the Punt) in some betting shops such as the one I worked in for many years (in the proper days before big industry) we affectionately referred to them as "Bennies" akin to cockney rhyming slang, Benny Hunter, from the old tv series Crossroads. As only two of us gamble, again you are wrong.:)

Please don't use capitals, that implies that you are shouting, very rude old boy.
Now as far as I know neither Boris, nor the government have trademarked the name "Bubble"
So if I wish to call my friends my social bubble, I am perfectly entitled to do so.
Of course I could have called them my social cloud, my social pool, my social womb, my social asylum, or any of a myriad of names, but that is my choice, not yours.

Look at your own article you posted a link for.
I have a social bubble, what you are referring to is a Support Bubble. :)

If you say so.......................
My point, as I'm sure you know, is that you hanging around the pub with a few other customers does not constitute a Social Bubble. You could call yourselves "the girls from Impanema" for all I care, just don't try to delude yourself that your behaviour is in accordance with any sort of governmental advice.

It's beginning to look like there's a possibility of them being closed again. Maybe that will be kick in the arse the pubs not doing things right and the people just acting the way they did before they closed need to take it a little more seriously.

I don't want to see that have to happen but we've seen pubs up and down the country flouting pretty much all the rules.

It's beginning to look like there's a possibility of them being closed again. Maybe that will be kick in the arse the pubs not doing things right

Would this piece of information be the same source as the one you posted last week in the Mask thread ?

If it is, of course it is from Nicola Sturgeon, and so only applies to Scotland. :)

I don't want to see that have to happen but we've seen pubs up and down the country flouting pretty much all the rules

Bit of an exaggeration really, unless you have traveled the length, and breadth of of England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland visiting pubs over the last few weeks. :)

You could call yourselves "the girls from Impanema" for all I care

Oh good, I'm pleased about that, as I can continue to call my group of friends my "Social Bubble" without being reprimanded. :)

just don't try to delude yourself that your behaviour is in accordance with any sort of governmental advice.

Funny I could have sworn that the governments advice was that I could go to the pub again if I wanted. :)

Would this piece of information be the same source as the one you posted last week in the Mask thread ?

If it is, of course it is from Nicola Sturgeon, and so only applies to Scotland. :)

Bit of an exaggeration really, unless you have traveled the length, and breadth of of England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland visiting pubs over the last few weeks. :)

No theres been pubs up and down country shown in the news shown to be floughting it. It's been on most local and national news programmes.

Same with pubs, they haven't said they are they've said it's being considered as an option in England for when the schools reopen in September.

Back
Top Bottom