What's new

Tracking Details

I still think it's the same subject - a concern that some establishments might have opened and are not taking 'proper' care of the details they now have to hold? Pubs in particular are not used to having to keep data about their customers in this way?

Appreciate what you are saying mate.

But it seems to myself nowadays, in both my personal life, and also on POTV that it's any old chance to have a knock at the pubs for reopening.

"it's to early in the lockdown"
"they have not got the right hygiene methods in place"
Now it's "what about data protection"

Say the government had let them re-open without asking for a name, and contact number, would people have been happier ?

Did anyone not order a take away delivery over the last three months because they would have to give there name, address, and phone number ?

As you know, I love pubs, not an alcoholic, more of a socialaholic, but as I've said if you are concerned don't go in them.

Anyway, why is everyone assuming that pubs are not complying with data protection ?

Last thing, regarding staff ringing up customers at night, a few times when a barmaid has asked for my details I have said, fair enough, as long as you give me yours, two so far have given me their phone numbers. :) Mind you what they think of me as an old bastard, god knows. :18:

Whilst I'm at it, why do I have to give my details in a pub, but not in a bloody shop, which has far more customers than a pub every day, and I don't know a single one of them. :)
The thinking behind that is you won't be in close contact with strangers for a prolonged amount of time in a shop, but you potentially will be in a pub. Same reasoning as schools. (and "prolonged period" is 15 minutes with the same stranger, a stranger being someone not in your household or social-bubble)

The thinking behind that is you won't be in close contact with strangers for a prolonged amount of time in a shop, but you potentially will be in a pub. Same reasoning as schools. (and "prolonged period" is 15 minutes with the same stranger, a stranger being someone not in your household or social-bubble)

Your logic assumes that I spend a prolonged period of time in a pub with a stranger.
In reality I don't. :)

Your logic assumes that I spend a prolonged period of time in a pub with a stranger.
In reality I don't. :)
Not MY logic mate, its governmental guidance ;)

But read the description of a "stranger", in this instance the definition is someone outside your household or bubble, not necessarily someone unknown to you.

Not MY logic mate, its governmental guidance ;)

But read the description of a "stranger", in this instance the definition is someone outside your household or bubble, not necessarily someone unknown to you.

Okay, sorry I said "your logic" but you did not specifically say government logic.

However the same thing applies.
I do not particularly mix with strangers in pubs, least of all engage in conversation with them.

My "bubble" consists of one to six people, we sit in a corner by ourselves as much as possible.
We have all known each other for between two, and fifty years.
Our careers range from shopworker's, ex military, to local authority employees.
Our partners careers range from construction to Nurses.

So we tend to know each other well. :)

Counter this at Sainsburys last week. I was mixed in with several hundred people that I had never seen before.
At the queue for checkout I had to stand in a line for over 15 minutes to pay for my products. Yet none of these people had been asked to provide tracking information...........

Hmmm, I know which environment I felt safer in. :)

Okay, sorry I said "your logic" but you did not specifically say government logic.

I do not particularly mix with strangers in pubs, least of all engage in conversation with them.

My "bubble" consists of one to six people, we sit in a corner by ourselves as much as possible.

Counter this at Sainsburys last week. I was mixed in with several hundred people that I had never seen before.
At the queue for checkout I had to stand in a line for over 15 minutes to pay for my products. Yet none of these people had been asked to provide tracking information...........

OK if we are going to nit-pick, I said "the thinking", instead of "the official thinking." If I had said "my thinking" it may have implied it was an opinion, but I didn't.
What you have there is a "gang of mates" or even just "the regulars", "the locals", "the punters".
This is NOT a social bubble, regardless of what you call it. the fact you say "one to six people" confirms this.
A social bubble is a very specific thing that is exclusive, not pick and mix.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52637354

where you think you are safer, or if you trust these people more or less than anyone else is completely irrelevant to what the definition of a social bubble is.

I am only trying to clarify what the official advice and definitions are, otherwise we will all be talking at cross purposes, which is no help to anyone. :)

'Government logic' now theres an oxymoron

Appreciate what you are saying mate.

But it seems to myself nowadays, in both my personal life, and also on POTV that it's any old chance to have a knock at the pubs for reopening.

"it's to early in the lockdown"
"they have not got the right hygiene methods in place"
Now it's "what about data protection"

Say the government had let them re-open without asking for a name, and contact number, would people have been happier ?

Did anyone not order a take away delivery over the last three months because they would have to give there name, address, and phone number ?

As you know, I love pubs, not an alcoholic, more of a socialaholic, but as I've said if you are concerned don't go in them.

Anyway, why is everyone assuming that pubs are not complying with data protection ?

Last thing, regarding staff ringing up customers at night, a few times when a barmaid has asked for my details I have said, fair enough, as long as you give me yours, two so far have given me their phone numbers. :) Mind you what they think of me as an old bastard, god knows. :18:
Not me - no problem with pubs opening, no problem with people going to them, just like things to be done 'properly'. :)

Back
Top Bottom