What's new

Too Isolate , too not isolate that is the question

3rd hand story.

Person on a train with a face covering, two others sat by them without face coverings talking away when the conversation turns to how the son of one of them tested positive yesterday and they didn't know what they should be doing.

And we wonder why cases are on the rise in Scotland.

Yup totally get that. But for me I’m self employed and if I catch it from someone like the fore mentioned then I have to shut my business down for two weeks loose ££££ and with that the people who rely on my service would also be effected by lack of service which in turn costs them ££££ .

tbh there isn’t a right or wrong answer apart from our own individual one to suit our own needs.

but from we’re I’m sat it’s Poo

i think this highlights the fact that they don’t really know what they are doing, tbh. things are not thought through in a very robust way.

Its a tricky one, but if the non-infected are fully vaccinated (i.e. 2 jabs) then they can go about their daily business until they show symptoms and test positive. The ideal solution to this would be to daily test with lateral flow to ensure you aren't risking anyone else, cos you may not show symptoms and still test positive.

Where-as, on the other hand, my sister was in a team meeting at work, someone she was in that meeting with, later tested positive, so my sister had to isolate, because shes a f**king idiot and didn't get vaccinated. She was told to isolate for 10 days, or allowed back to work if she got a negative PCR test result. Guess what, the muppet had no symptoms, and she tested positive too, which put my mum at risk as she lives in the same house as her. Thankfully my mum is jabbed up including the booster, but its still a risk.

The ideal solution to this would be to daily test with lateral flow to ensure you aren't risking anyone else, cos you may not show symptoms and still test positive.

aye, i think this should be a condition of the double jagged person still going out and about. it’s what we did when my step dad was positive but my mum didn’t get it. otherwise it makes no sense.

Just spoke to my mate who lives with his parents

His dad tested positive, but he (the mate) didn't have to isolate, but he sort of did because he didn't need to leave the house

2 days after the dad, the mom tests positive, 4 days later, he tests positive

So there was 4 days there were he could have gone out, could've gone to work, to the pub, on public transport. Pretty obvious he would've passed it on in that time

Basically, the rules are saying it's okay to pass it on because most people are double jabbed. Even then, it's not fun to have & is disruptive

Just spoke to my mate who lives with his parents

His dad tested positive, but he (the mate) didn't have to isolate, but he sort of did because he didn't need to leave the house

2 days after the dad, the mom tests positive, 4 days later, he tests positive

So there was 4 days there were he could have gone out, could've gone to work, to the pub, on public transport. Pretty obvious he would've passed it on in that time

Basically, the rules are saying it's okay to pass it on because most people are double jabbed. Even then, it's not fun to have & is disruptive
Yeah. Hopefully there OK.

just shows that those who are jabbed and boostered might not show symptoms but can still transmit Covid.

after a long talk with my boss we’re changing our policy too, “ if one person in the household tests positive the we will not be able to provide our services to that household until the whole household is negative “

Personally I feel that we’re either all self isolating if positive OR the country is going for herd immunity. This wishy washy approach with grey areas is bonkers

Back
Top Bottom