What's new

tests for COVID-19 using anal swabs

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202101/1213668.shtml
Beijing tests for COVID-19 using anal swabs, where virus may survive longer: experts

Anal swabs are far better for most types of testing. Pathogens linger longer in the region and the testing is more accurate as ‘you can’t miss’.
Almost no one does the nasal swabbing correctly.
That said, this pandemic has seen many advancements in many areas, one of which is we have had to develop better transport media for our collection devices. Because virtually no one self tests deep enough for long enough, our VTM tubes have been tweaked so the media in them is now better at absorbing even smaller amounts of material to produce a result. But what we call the IC failure rate for SARS tests is still much higher than other BBV tests as the samples just aren’t collected correctly.

Anal swabs although sounding horrible, would be far easier to get right, much less painful if not pain-less, and would produce a much higher completion rate.

Honestly, i was gonna say, from what i understand the nasal one is incredibly uncomfortable, like they gotta shove it into your brain practically to get the test right.

the other way sounds a lot less unpleasant, i mean, im just bein real. No ones gonna line up in a drive thru setting and do it tho, (n if they did i feel so sorry for the testers, lol)

Honestly, i was gonna say, from what i understand the nasal one is incredibly uncomfortable, like they gotta shove it into your brain practically to get the test right.

the other way sounds a lot less unpleasant, i mean, im just bein real. No ones gonna line up in a drive thru setting and do it tho, (n if they did i feel so sorry for the testers, lol)
Believe me, people who work in microbiology are well used to working with shit....
LOL.

The really nasty stuff is actually cerebrospinal fluid or CSF as it’s known.

Can i just take a dump on the counter and they get a sample from it ?

Back
Top Bottom