What's new

Surge Testing in Manchester

i honestly don’t know if furloughed hairdressers are doing testing. maybe stuff like this is more of a problem in england where the tories have outsourced it all to serco.

but you need to remember it’s a global emergency. it seems pretty likely they would need more trained laboratory personnel than already exist. surely you wouldn’t expect them to wait four years until a few thousand people went through a degree to qualify them for doing tests, before they started? some compromises are obviously necessary.
No I wouldn't, but I also wouldn't expect them to base their whole strategy on Testing that is totally unreliable, I read somewhere the other day, a former Police Forensics Officer, saying that if a DNA sample had been taken and processed in the same way as the Covid tests, for use in a case, it would be deemed inadmissable by any Court in the land !!! (By the way, It's the Wife's Hairdresser, and another Friend has just took a course to administer the Vaccine !!!)

No I wouldn't, but I also wouldn't expect them to base their whole strategy on Testing that is totally unreliable, I read somewhere the other day, a former Police Forensics Officer, saying that if a DNA sample had been taken and processed in the same way as the Covid tests, for use in a case, it would be deemed inadmissable by any Court in the land !!! (By the way, It's the Wife's Hairdresser, and another Friend has just took a course to administer the Vaccine !!!)

taking a dna sample that might be the evidence that would land a person in jail for a long time is a bit different to testing for a virus during a global pandemic. i don’t really think that’s a good comparison. it’s unlikely the police will ever have a situation where they have to test million’s of people’s dna daily, and if they did i would imagine it’s a cert that the process would be changed to account for that.

as for hairdressers, i don’t have any particular prejudice against them. i’m not sure why they should be disqualified from being trained for covid testing.

taking a dna sample that might be the evidence that would land a person in jail for a long time is a bit different to testing for a virus during a global pandemic. i don’t really think that’s a good comparison. it’s unlikely the police will ever have a situation where they have to test million’s of people’s dna daily, and if they did i would imagine it’s a cert that the process would be changed to account for that.

as for hairdressers, i don’t have any particular prejudice against them. i’m not sure why they should be disqualified from being trained for covid testing.
I don't have a problem with anybody being trained to test people, as long as you don't expect the same amount of accuracy as someone who's clinically Trained specifically for that job !!! I don't often call my mate who's a Plumber, when my Car needs fixing !!!

I don't have a problem with anybody being trained to test people, as long as you don't expect the same amount of accuracy as someone who's clinically Trained specifically for that job !!! I don't often call my mate who's a Plumber, when my Car needs fixing !!!

but if for some reason all the mechanics were booked out for the next two years, and your mate who is a plumber also knows how to fix cars, you would miby call him, no?

The lockdowns will continue until they (gov/scientists) know for sure vaccines work and how people react to them..... as of now they don't know that.. they do know lockdowns work, even if they are half arsed.

but if for some reason all the mechanics were booked out for the next two years, and your mate who is a plumber also knows how to fix cars, you would miby call him, no?
No, he's a shit Plumber, so God knows what he'd do to a Car !!! :hmm:

upload_2021-2-11_11-16-45.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom