What's new

Surge Testing in Manchester

Or the, Let's Scare the shit out of the general public variant, that is no more deadly than the original one, but gives us the excuse to do more unreliable tests and keep the Lockdown going !!! Oh and Save The NHS !!! I feel sorry for Whales, no one gives a Shit about them anymore !!! :hmm:

do more unreliable tests and keep the Lockdown going !!!

somebody might have asked you before, but what would the tories reason be to want to keep the lockdown going? i’m as scunnered with lockdowns as the rest, but it seems to me they would rather not have any form of lockdown at all. it is fundamentally against their whole perspective on the world, no?

agree on the unreliable test thing btw, something i was reading says it does more harm than good, but specifically because they miss positive cases.

somebody might have asked you before, but what would the tories reason be to want to keep the lockdown going? i’m as scunnered with lockdowns as the rest, but it seems to me they would rather not have any form of lockdown at all. it is fundamentally against their whole perspective on the world, no?

agree on the unreliable test thing btw, something i was reading says it does more harm than good, but specifically because they miss positive cases.
I have been asked, and i answered that I don't know the full reason behind it, other than they and their chums are making obscene amounts of Money out of the situation, As for the Testing, the PCR tests also have a lot of False Positives as well as Negatives, which is why WHO have recently had to remind Testing facilities to read the instructions carefully and follow them, unfortunately, a lot of testing is done by the people testing themselves, and also by people who have been on a three week course, and are now considered to be Health professionals, with many of these tests carried out in Sterile conditions, such as Car Parks and Shopping Centres, where cross contamination is a distinct possibility !!!

I have been asked, and i answered that I don't know the full reason behind it, other than they and their chums are making obscene amounts of Money out of the situation, As for the Testing, the PCR tests also have a lot of False Positives as well as Negatives, which is why WHO have recently had to remind Testing facilities to read the instructions carefully and follow them, unfortunately, a lot of testing is done by the people testing themselves, and also by people who have been on a three week course, and are now considered to be Health professionals, with many of these tests carried out in Sterile conditions, such as Car Parks and Shopping Centres, where cross contamination is a distinct possibility !!!

that’s fair enough. i dislike the tories even more than you do :P but still, for me there would need to be some kind of evidence, or at least a motivation on which to base speculation, before i would make some kind of claim about them. they make a fortune out of thing at all times, it’s not like they are short of scams.

i’m not sure about how inaccuracies in testing work, whether or not it’s possible to do them accurately in a tent in a car park. false positives and negatives will balance each other out al least a bit, but false negatives are much more problematic as they allow people to think they do t have it, then spread it about.

that’s fair enough. i dislike the tories even more than you do :P but still, for me there would need to be some kind of evidence, or at least a motivation on which to base speculation, before i would make some kind of claim about them. they make a fortune out of thing at all times, it’s not like they are short of scams.

i’m not sure about how inaccuracies in testing work, whether or not it’s possible to do them accurately in a tent in a car park. false positives and negatives will balance each other out al least a bit, but false negatives are much more problematic as they allow people to think they do t have it, then spread it about.
It says on the packaging that they must be conducted by "Trained Clinical Laboratory Personnel, specifically Trained in the techniques of in vitro diagnostic procedures, and following proper infection control", I hardly think a furloughed Hairdresser, with three weeks training, conducting Tests in Asda car park meets any of the criteria !!!

It says on the packaging that they must be conducted by "Trained Clinical Laboratory Personnel, specifically Trained in the techniques of in vitro diagnostic procedures, and following proper infection control", I hardly think a furloughed Hairdresser, with three weeks training, conducting Tests in Asda car park meets any of the criteria !!!

i honestly don’t know if furloughed hairdressers are doing testing. maybe stuff like this is more of a problem in england where the tories have outsourced it all to serco.

but you need to remember it’s a global emergency. it seems pretty likely they would need more trained laboratory personnel than already exist. surely you wouldn’t expect them to wait four years until a few thousand people went through a degree to qualify them for doing tests, before they started? some compromises are obviously necessary.

Back
Top Bottom