What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

South Africa halts Astra Zeneca Vaccine

Im guessing here, but suppose as this variant is rampant in their country..... if another vaccine can do the better job then they will go with that.... their scientists will know more, they will have their reasons
Yeah but do they actually have an alternative readily available? The AZ is a couple quid a dose. Pfizer is like 25 quid or something like that. And even if money isn't an issue are doses available for them and do they have the necessary infrastructure for the required cold storage?

Yeah but do they actually have an alternative readily available? The AZ is a couple quid a dose. Pfizer is like 25 quid or something like that. And even if money isn't an issue are doses available for them and do they have the necessary infrastructure for the required cold storage?

Dunno, just gotta think they like us know what they are doing.

18 quid. Oxford is £3, sold at cost to those who want it, so Matt Hancock said.

Dunno, just gotta think they like us know what they are doing.
None of the other currently available vaccines appear to be doing that great against that strain either tho. They've all come out recently saying there's a very noticeable drop in protection against that strain. Can't say I'm certain but I seem to recall one saying they're positive about dealing with SA. Maybe the J&J version?

It said on the news that all vaccine manufacturers noticed poor results against the South African variant.It's possibly one mutation too much.It's up to South Africa to do as they seem fit but i wouldn't stop vaccinating with it over here yet.The Oxford jab still protects from two of the variants that are rife in this country and in respect to the Oxford,might stop spreading infections.

None of the other currently available vaccines appear to be doing that great against that strain either tho. They've all come out recently saying there's a very noticeable drop in protection against that strain. Can't say I'm certain but I seem to recall one saying they're positive about dealing with SA. Maybe the J&J version?

Fk I hope your right and at least one can combat it.... for their sakes and ours

I wouldn't trust J&J
This is a company that paid out over $100 Million to settle lawsuits.
Lawsuits that allege the company’s Baby Powder caused cancer.
Yet still the company maintains that their talc is safe.

“In certain circumstances, we do choose to settle lawsuits, which is done
without an admission of liability and in no way changes our position
regarding the safety of our products,” the company said in a statement.

I wouldn't trust J&J
This is a company that paid out over $100 Million to settle lawsuits.
Lawsuits that allege the company’s Baby Powder caused cancer.
Yet still the company maintains that their talc is safe.

“In certain circumstances, we do choose to settle lawsuits, which is done
without an admission of liability and in no way changes our position
regarding the safety of our products,” the company said in a statement.

I don't trust any of them.... they have all done /do shady stuff....but in the current circumstances if they can keep me alive I will take a Russian and Chinese cocktail... in fact I might be inclined to trust the former 2 more.

Last edited:
as I read this I got a text off a colleague with the link to the news he said one word

"proper fucked"

like this below

but the results are severe conditions and hospitalizations are showing good protection results so who do you believe

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-...o-idUKKBN2A70A9?lolmods&utm_source=reddit.com
upload_2021-2-8_0-2-18.png

Back
Top Bottom