What's new

So what is the point?

Enoch

Achiever
https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19...-not-vaccinations-says-boris-johnson-12274266

Boris Johnson has warned that the reduction in coronavirus infections, hospitalisations and deaths "has not been achieved" by the rollout of COVID vaccines.

The prime minister, speaking the day after the latest easing of lockdown restrictions, instead said it was the national shutdown that had been "overwhelmingly important" in driving down COVID rates.

So then.......

What is the fucking point in the vaccine?

We have given the vaccine to over half the population, including every age group at risk twice almost.

Are we meant to believe that a vaccine for covid is playing no part in significantly reduced rates of it? Lockdown is the reason the death rates have dropped 90-95% a DAY and not the vaccine that is designed to literally stop people dying from covid?

So what's the point in the vaccine? What's the actual benefit if the sudden drop in numbers coinciding with millions of vaccinations is neither here nor there?

I haven't read the article but seems very obvious to me that we are where we are today in largest part because of the last lock down. Of course the vaccines play a role and that role will only increase as time goes on but does anybody really believe we would be where we are today if we hadn't locked down and instead only persued vaccinations? Most people have only had one dose and we're only just starting on 45's. The massive decline in infections over the previous several weeks is undoubtedly mostly due to the effects of lock down. Vaccinations didn't stop the nearly 70k daily infections we were enduring. The vaccinations have been rolled out whilst lock down measures have been in place. It's not like vaccinations are what got us to where we are today.

What's the point? If you're struggling with that question then I'm afraid I really can't help you. Would've thought it's as obvious as the sky being blue.

Last edited:
I haven't read the article but seems very obvious to me that we are where we are today in largest part because of the last lock down. Of course the vaccines play a role and that role will only increase as time goes on but does anybody really believe we would be where we are today if we hadn't locked down and instead only persued vaccinations? Most people have only had one dose and we're only just starting on 45's. The massive decline in infections over the previous several weeks is undoubtedly mostly due to the effects of lock down. Vaccinations didn't stop the nearly 70k daily infections we were enduring.

But by that account , the minute we hit 30 million doses of it , the numbers plummeted.

I've seen it in the data in the hospitals I work in for the city, end of Feb 250 patients , month later 50.

It's not a coincidence vaccinating people has led to rates and numbers significantly dropping. Even during Feb when we were locked down numbers were still very high. Once you hit 50% of the population vaccinated , suddenly covid started dropping.

Which takes me back to my question. If lockdown is the reason for numbers to suddenly start dropping after we vaccinated half the population then what is the point in the vaccination and it's design to reduce rates and stop deaths? The very thing that has happened when it was given to every age group that was greatly affected by covid?

because if most people are eventually vaccinated, we won’t need to continue staying locked in the house indefinitely?

seems like it could be the point.

It's political messaging rather than undermining the effect of the vaccination roll out.

The major risk in lockdown release is that people think the pandemic is all over and we can safely go back to normal. Do we know yet, for certain, that a non-symptomatic, vaccinated person cannot spread the virus?

....then what is the point in the vaccination and it’s design to reduce rates and stop deaths?

You’ve answered your own question. The last lockdown was needed to reduce rates and stop deaths because not enough people had been vaccinated, and those who had been hadn’t built up immunity in their bodies.

The point is that Covid is going to become something we live with - it’s not going to be eradicated now. The vaccines should mean that it doesn’t make enough people needing hospitalisation, and we can try and get on with our lives without further lockdowns.

because if most people are eventually vaccinated, we won’t need to continue staying locked in the house indefinitely?

seems like it could be the point.

Yeah, otherwise we'll open shit back up, cases with rise significantly and we'll be back in lockdown again..... fuck that.

When I'm out this time, I'm out.

But by that account , the minute we hit 30 million doses of it , the numbers plummeted.

I've seen it in the data in the hospitals I work in for the city, end of Feb 250 patients , month later 50.

It's not a coincidence vaccinating people has led to rates and numbers significantly dropping. Even during Feb when we were locked down numbers were still very high. Once you hit 50% of the population vaccinated , suddenly covid started dropping.

Which takes me back to my question. If lockdown is the reason for numbers to suddenly start dropping after we vaccinated half the population then what is the point in the vaccination and it's design to reduce rates and stop deaths? The very thing that has happened when it was given to every age group that was greatly affected by covid?
Haha, u sound like my trump loving friend. That should be enough to make u want to get vaccinated just on principle

Back
Top Bottom