What's new

Smok V12 Prince RBA Coil 0.25ohm

With the Mesh coils I neglected the RBA's until a month ago and thought lets see if they are as good as I remember, they certainly are and in permanent use now.

They do take a little practice though to get right, my first mistake was too much wick, thinning the ends and shorter sorted that out.

I don't know, I still think the Smok Prince Strip coils produce great flavour and that the Prince TFV12 RBA is lacking.
How many attempts did it take you to get the taste right on the RBA?

I think I've had 15 attempts now.:17:
I'll try sending pics later of my next build.

I got the build almost right around 3 or 4 builds in, my issues were leaking as I hadn't wicked it properly and left cotton over the airflow.

If you've been comparing them to the latest gen Prince Mesh coils the flavour won't be as good, it's the nature of the beast, mesh is far superior.

Sorry to break the bad news but you won't get anywhere near the flavour, but as a traditional rebuildable coil RTA I enjoy the flavour for what it is, a lower powered less intense vape.

I also use Mesh stock coils as a different vape as the mood takes me.

Thanks.
Here is my latest build in saturation mode.

Attachments

• 7187BC3A-FCD4-47F5-B2B9-17E5CC95CCFB.jpeg
    7187BC3A-FCD4-47F5-B2B9-17E5CC95CCFB.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
  • 0A4F6A91-2D17-4DAB-8020-AA0C33CBFDDA.jpeg
    0A4F6A91-2D17-4DAB-8020-AA0C33CBFDDA.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
2 things to try, slightly space the coils and thin out the ends of the wicks on your next build, if the wick is too tight in the wicking port it chokes it.

I'm giving up and going back to Strip Coils. 2 weeks of sadness without any flavour, tried every possible way, and hours spent wicking with no luck.
Might try and RTA or something like that in the future.

So I purchased myself a GeekVape Zeus X RTA and it’s phenomenal. Produces great flavour and easy to build. Added bonus is no leakage, because of the top air flow it is pretty much leak proof. By far better than the Smok RBA. Anyone using RBA’s I would really recommend RTA.

New discovery...
So I noticed my coils were slightly slow in heating up at least at the first puff. I decided to just use a single coil instead of a dual coil on my Zeus X RTA and it was superb. I test fired the coil and noticed how quickly it was heating up compared to the dual coil set up. The flavour is now exactly if not better than the premade coils for sale from Smok such as Strip or Mesh. If you are having flavour problems or slow heating try a single coil. I researched why they were slow at heating up and was informed the more wires or the thicker the wire the more power it needs hence why it's slow in heating up. For some reason this also enhanced the flavour massively. Amazing....::)

it is all hit and miss, that rba is well regarded while the zeus x is badly regarded but with you is the other way around, it is good we have more than enough stuff out there to fit everybody. i had the zeus dual and gave it for free as it was just not for me.. it all depends.

Back
Top Bottom