What's new

Sigh - and again ... eu threatens to block vaccine to the uk and others who got their finger out

There was this a few weeks back, it does give a link to a copy of the contracts (redacted). If you're interested. ;)

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/02/17/europe/uk-astrazeneca-vaccine-contract-details-intl/index.html

I think it's also easy for us (over here) to conflate individual EU member states' behaviour with the whole. Countries like France first saying AZ wasn't effective in the over 65s, then suspending it, then saying it should be reserved for the over 55s (WTAF!!) just muddies the water further.

I’m not going to attempt to understand a partially redacted contract. At uni I once opened a friend’s Contract Law textbook and immediately fell asleep :D

Maybe it’s something to do with it having been developed at Oxford University that gives the U.K. priority delivery? I don’t know. Or that the EU approved the vaccine for use significantly later than the U.K.? We’re unlikely to find out in the near future imo.

I’m not going to attempt to understand a partially redacted contract. At uni I once opened a friend’s Contract Law textbook and immediately fell asleep :D

Maybe it’s something to do with it having been developed at Oxford University that gives the U.K. priority delivery? I don’t know. Or that the EU approved the vaccine for use significantly later than the U.K.? We’re unlikely to find out in the near future imo.
Must admit I didn't read it all either. Not nearly enough redaction, in my view! :D

..... and agreed. :)

well the guy in the order says it’s AZ trying to cut their losses because there are penalties in the contract with uk for failing to deliver, but not in the eu contract.

come on folks, am i the only one that read it? :D

well the guy in the order says it’s AZ trying to cut their losses because there are penalties in the contract with uk for failing to deliver, but not in the eu contract.

Don't know Zou .......... are you? :20: :D

Then the EU should also have put penalties in? Its standard practise across a lot of businesses. If they didnt think to do that is that our fault? Also maybe they should have let their member states sort themselves out like some wanted too instead of insisting they sorted it.
This current crop (van der lying etc) seem like a proper shower of turds tbh - and appear to be trying to pass the buck and spread misinformation left right and centre - including the french.

Back
Top Bottom