What's new

Should restrictions be lifted on the 19th?

Should restrictions including wearing masks and social distancing be lifted on the 19th?

• Yes

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 25 49.0%
  • Don't know

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Banana

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...ve-against-hospitalisation-from-delta-variant

The analysis suggests:

• the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine is 96% effective against hospitalisation after 2 doses
  • the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine is 92% effective against hospitalisation after 2 doses
These are comparable with vaccine effectiveness against hospitalisation from the Alpha variant.

https://www.reuters.com/business/he...india-variant-english-health-body-2021-05-22/

A study by Public Health England found the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine was 88% effective against symptomatic disease from the B.1.617.2 variant two weeks after the second dose.

That compared with 93% effectiveness against the B.1.1.7 "Kent" strain which is Britain's dominant COVID variant.

Two doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine were 60% effective against symptomatic disease from the Indian variant compared with 66% effectiveness against the Kent variant, PHE said.

https://www.healthline.com/health-n...-the-delta-variant#Vaccines-vs.-delta-variant

According to an analysis carried out by Public Health England, two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine appeared to be about 88 percent effective against symptomatic disease and 96 percent effective against hospitalization with the delta variant.

The same study suggested that the vaccine was approximately 80 percent effective against preventing infection from the delta variant. Scientists came to this conclusion after analyzing 14,019 people with an infection, 166 of whom were hospitalized, in England.

Vaccines had a protective effect against infections with delta and hospital cases were milder, the study found.

OK
Still won't stop vaccinated people from passing on the virus therefore it having the chance to mutate

The % isn't relitve to that.

Yes vaccinated people less likely but still can and probably will happen

of course it will stop vaccinated people passing on the virus. if the vaccine prevents transmission with about 90% effectiveness then it reduces the possibility of vaccinated people transmitting the virus by 90%.

I've found this elsewhere, but this is the simplest link:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00502-w

30 April — One vaccine dose can nearly halve transmission risk

A single dose of the COVID-19 vaccine made by either Pfizer or AstraZeneca cuts a person’s risk of transmitting SARS-CoV-2 to their closest contacts by as much as half, according to an analysis of more than 365,000 households in the United Kingdom.

Although the vaccines have been shown to reduce COVID-19 symptoms and serious illness, their ability to prevent coronavirus transmission has been unclear. Kevin Dunbar, Gavin Dabrera and their colleagues at Public Health England in London looked for cases in which someone became infected with SARS-CoV-2 after receiving a dose of either vaccine (R. J. Harris et al. Preprint at Knowledge Hub https://go.nature.com/3e3iu1i; 2021). They then assessed how often those individuals transmitted the virus to household contacts.

The team found that people who had been vaccinated for at least 21 days could still test positive for the virus. But viral transmission from these individuals to others in their households was 40–50% lower than transmission in households in which the first person to test positive had not been vaccinated. Results for the two vaccines were similar. The findings have not yet been peer reviewed.

I said it won't stop you catching the virus.

I stand by that it won't stop you 100% catching it.

Nothing is 100%, but if it means a high percentage of the vaccinated don't catch it that in itself means the number likely to be affected will be less and the chance of mutations/deaths/strain on the medical services reduced proportionately.

There will be a smaller percentage of those vaccinated who DO subsequently get infected, but because they already have antibodies they will have a higher chance of survival and/or faster recovery and the chances of mutations... same as above..

Something not 100% effective isn't 100% useless.

84016668-10A4-458C-973B-7A05FDABEF9E.jpeg

I never said it was useless
I said those are vaccinated can still catch it therefore can still pass it on therefore it can still mutate.

The vaccines reduce this but don't eradicate it.

I never said it was useless
I said those are vaccinated can still catch it therefore can still pass it on therefore it can still mutate.

The vaccines reduce this but don't eradicate it.

but if it’s reduced by 90% or even more that’s quite significant.

I see since the over reaction to last Monday , cases are dropping day by day.

Almost like having the vaccine in so many people may be the solution that masks and restrictions now aren't?

Back
Top Bottom