What's new

Shopping and covid

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
Well I went shopping on the way back from work and I popped into Argos to buy a paper shredder

well Jesus I know about covid restrictions as I been doing them for 12 months in a covid positive environment but Jesus it was not a pleasant experience almost too over the top

the trouble is if you make this more complicated it causes confusion if it causes confusion it will result in people getting covid

lots of you can’t use that, stand here, wait here, have you ordered online oh you haven’t go there, stand there, then go to that place don’t touch the counter but place the ticket etc etc etc

edit don’t get me wrong restrictions for a safe opening should be in place but I got the feeling it was more about protecting the company than protecting the people

Last edited:
I've done some Argosing a couple of times during lockdown.
"Muffle, muffle, eh, pardon?" at the door.
Then, walk with an awkward shuffling gait to the waiting area/counter while your brain tries to discombobulate the confusing stickers and signs.

Our town's Argos closed down last March and has never reopened since, it's now been cleared out, gone forever. Very odd, because it was always rammed. Have to go to Sainsbury's now, mostly click and collect. I would imagine that returns would be a right pita, under the new system.

Our Argos has moved into Sainsbury's, so when you go into Sainsbury's you have to dodge the line for the Argos pick ups.

Yeah Sainsbury's didn't want to pay rent ect on more buildings I guess.

So lump Argos in the store and save alot of overheads £££££

Well I'll add to this but it's slighlty off topic.
Argos for me have been absolutely crap during lockdown.
I could have spent a few hundred quid with them over the last 6 months but everytime I've gone to buy something it firstly says not available at any local stores for click and collect so online only then to go further and try to purchase for the online option and then get the not available for delivery at this time either.

Well I'll add to this but it's slighlty off topic.
Argos for me have been absolutely crap during lockdown.
I could have spent a few hundred quid with them over the last 6 months but everytime I've gone to buy something it firstly says not available at any local stores for click and collect so online only then to go further and try to purchase for the online option and then get the not available for delivery at this time either.

They've been a bit rubbish for years, even before covid and the sainsburys take over, they're now the high street version of Fasttech - "used to be good".

Back
Top Bottom