What's new

Self isolation.

MetalVape90

Achiever
Anyone in self isolation due to someone you know having covid or you having covid? My neighbour tested positive for covid and since I interact with my neighbour quite a bit I’ve taken the liberty to self isolate two to three weeks and arranged to get a testing sent to me.

Anyways with self isolation, how do you keep yourself occupied for two to three weeks?

I'm not isolating in the strictest sense, but I do have the luxury of working from home for the most part and am limiting my going out to food shopping and dog walking.
To answer your question, today, I are mostly been clearing out my pantry and alphabetising my herbs and spices!
Yesterday the vape lair got a good sort out.
I've dragged a barbell, dumbbells and a few plates in from the garage and set myself up a storage area behind the sofa for weights and I'm working out 3-4 times a week.
If the bloody rain ever stops, I want to get out the garden and build a shed.

And if all else fails, I have wiring and plasterboarding to do in the new extension, but things aren't quite that desperate yet.

Sounds like you’ve got quite a bit to keep your mind occupied. All I’ve got is cooking, cleaning and gaming lol.

Sounds like you’ve got quite a bit to keep your mind occupied. All I’ve got is cooking, cleaning and gaming lol.
Oh and drinking, but I've thus far kept that to the evenings.....but then it is getting darker earlier, so...

Working from home is savage for that. I log off at 5 ish and my first thought is "Beer O'clock".
That's why I have a lot of things on the go, it'd be too easy to start putting Buffalo Trace on my cornflakes.

Aye, it’s a similar situation here. It’s almost muscle memory to crack open a can after doing housework while logging on to the PS4.

Plenty to do - clean, sort out shed etc and computer should keep you busy for a while ( window shop for groceries to be delivered )

Have been retired for 5 years now, self-isolation hasn't been a particular problem. Loads of projects on the go but in no rush to work through the to do list. I just wake up and prioritise something for today over a coffee ... tomorrow is another day.

I hardly ever drink and I grew out of playing games shortly after Myst. I hope Xmas gets cancelled, lock all those wankers down Boris.

The wife took redundancy recently and her payoff arrives tomorrow. The silver lining of the markets crashing this week is that there should be some cheaper investments out there.

Keep your minds busy, look after your family and stay healthy folks!

Think yourselves lucky if you self isolate for 3 weeks and remain covid free, I spent most of the time since the begining shielding. I have had to occassionally go to get grocery items as i live alone. The only time i have felt safe to go out is while visiting my Ma in Gozo. at the moment there are 44 cases on the island mostly pensioners and the rules here are stricter than home 200 euro fine for not wearing a face covering or 100 if you pay on the spot. My friend who owns a Pizzeria and bar got a 3000 euro fine just because he went down his seller using a lift and as he came back out the seller he forgot to put his mask back over his face, the Covid inspectors had just entered the bar. Yet he sticks to every rule, If you are not wearing a face cover you also have to take a covid test, if it comes back positive the fine is 10'000 euro's.From today he can only serve food, no booze with it.

Back to shielding as said nearly 8 months of it. what i tend to do is listen to music a lot, a bit of Ps4 gaming, a few jobs round the flat, I also took in a pregnant cat after my Dog passed away and now have 5 of the buggers. they are good company, I also met a super woman just before covid lockdown and she has been a godsend and saved me from really struggling.

Covid fines as well as any fines are the wrong way to punish folks as they often effect kids by causing poverty. If someone breaks the rules the punishment should be something that helps folks ie going shopping for elderly neighbours, or lock them up . I feel locking them up would be more of a deterant because it makes sense baring in mind the main thing being moaned about is being locked down, why can't you stay home?. "Because i am bored " so lock em up and keep them off the streets.
I don't agree with grassing on folks but i will make comments about their stupidity to their faces.

Back
Top Bottom